Chapter 3 The Deal!

The next evening, I stand in a crowded room filled with laughter and music

The next evening, I stand in a crowded room filled with laughter and music. I spot my father, who gestures for me to join him.

"Hi, Dad." I greet him after approaching him.

"I'm so glad you're finally ready to meet the girl of my choice." He expresses his joy, taking me in a warm hug.

"Anything for you." I pass him a small smile.

"Come, let me make you meet her. She's the daughter of my friend."

As he walks towards a direction, I follow him, looking around.

"There she is." He points at a girl standing, showing her back to me and conversing with a man of my father's age.

As we step in front of her, I'm taken aback, witnessing her face. She is that same arrogant girl.

Why does fate keep intertwining our paths? Why is God making her meet me again and again when she isn't my type and differs completely from the girl I desire? What is going on in my life?

My father hugs the man she was conversing with while she passes me a wicked smile.

This girl is getting on my nerves.

"Steve, she is Grace, and he is her father." Dad introduces them to me.

"Dad, I'm sorry, but I can't marry this arrogant girl." As I deny directly, he stares at me in shock.

"Please excuse us." He takes my hand and drags me to the corner while I glare at Grace, who is just grinning as if she is planning something.

"What the hell, Steve? How could you insult her like this?" He chides me.

"Dad, you don't know about her. She is..."

He cuts my words.

"I know her, Steve, and she is best for you." I frown after listening to his words.

"Dad..."

He again doesn't let me speak.

"I don't want to listen to anything, Steve. You promised me you would marry the girl of my choice. I want to see you happy, my son."

"Dad, I know, but she is not the right girl for me." I try to explain to him.

"You're thinking wrong, Steve. She is a nice girl. Please, for me, talk to her." As he requests, my heart melts and I agree to talk to Grace reluctantly.

I give him a slight nod. "Okay, fine."

As I approach her, she smirks, thoroughly enjoying the discomfort she's causing me. I don't know what magic she has done to my father.

"You both talk, we'll be right back," Dad says, and he leaves with Grace's father, leaving me alone with her.

"I'll never marry a girl like you." I snap at her.