Chapter 48 Mrs Grace Grey

After finally putting the twins to sleep in the crib, we let out a sigh of relief as we settle on the edge of the bed. Today, they were showing unlimited tantrums, which left us exhausted.

But as we sit there, side by side and our lips curved into a smile of contentment, we reflect on the journey that brought us here.

We reminisce about the past, our contract marriage, our quarrels, the mistakes we made, the misunderstandings that tore us apart, and the pain of being apart from each other.

However now, with our beautiful twins, we realise that everything we went through was worth it.

As we hold each other's hands and gaze into each other's eyes, we make a promise to never let anything come between us again. We silently vow to cherish and support each other and to never let our doubts drive us apart again.

"Thank you for giving me another chance." Grace rests her head on my shoulder and continues, "When a few days back you shouted at me, I thought I lost you and our family would never reunite again."

"That day, it wasn't your fault. I misunderstood the situation and overreacted. Grace, I promise, now I'll not judge you on your past mistakes." I seal the promise with a kiss on her head, which still rests on my shoulder.

"Fuck!" As she exclaims suddenly in a loud voice after raising her head from my shoulder, I shush her, placing my finger on her lips.

"Grace, twins are sleeping." I remind her in a hushed tone, glancing at our little ones who sleep peacefully in the crib. "Do you want to wake them up?"

As I ask, she shakes her head. "Sorry, I just completely forgot about them."

I raise my brows as I ask, "Anyways what happened to you suddenly? Why did you shout?"

She answers me in a whispering tone, her eyes sparkling. "Actually I just recalled that I'm still your wife. I still can't believe you never signed the divorce papers, Steve. I thought you hated me." Her tone turns grim as she murmurs the last sentence.

I cup her face and confess, looking deeply into her eyes. "I never hated you, love. I've always loved you, and therefore your actions hurt me in past. But despite all the pain and hurt, I never stopped loving you. I couldn't bring myself to sign those divorce papers because deep down, I knew our paths would cross again and that we're meant to be together."

"I'm so blessed to have to have you, Steve. The way you supported in these days, keeping your anger aside, proves how much you love me, and it makes me fall for you even more. You touched my heart, Mr Steve Grey." She whispers against my lips before capturing my lips in a tender kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck.

As our lips meet, I feel a rush of emotions. It's been nine long months since I last felt her lips on mine. It's like finally getting my breath back after being breathless for so long. The taste of her kiss is a familiar yet exhilarating sensation, and it feels like we're reconnecting on a profound level.

It's a feeling of completeness, a realisation that our journey, with all its ups and downs, has led us to this peaceful moment.

We break the kiss, our foreheads touching and our lips curling into a contented smile as we savour the closeness.

"Love, kissing you after all these months feels like getting my breath back. It's like finding the missing piece of myself." I murmur, stroking her cheeks with my thumbs.

"Steve, I've missed this too. I've missed us." As she whispers, a tear of joy rolls down her face.

Rubbing off her tears, I kiss her again, and we slowly lie down on the bed, sealing each other's lips.