Chapter 59 You Deserve A Good Spanking

Steve's P.O.V.

Two Months Later

It's been four months now since Grace has returned to my life and the twins' arrival. Time passes quickly, yet every moment feels like a precious gift.

Despite the sleepless nights and endless diaper changes, there's nowhere else I'd rather be than by Grace's side. We have never been happier. Our relationship has grown stronger with each passing day, and I fall more in love with her with every smile, every laugh, and every tender and passionate moment we share.

I have never asked more than this from God—to have Grace back in my life, to have our beautiful twins, and to experience the joy and fulfilment of family life.

Grace and I are sitting in the car backseat, on our way to her first photoshoot after her one-year break. The photo shoot is for my company's product because now she is the brand ambassador.

I catch her stealing glances at her reflection in the car window. Her fingers tap anxiously on her lap.

"Are you okay, Grace?" I ask, gently brushing a stray hair from her face.

She hesitates for a moment before speaking. "Steve, am I being selfish for leaving the twins at home? I feel guilty for pursuing my passion when they need me. I don't want to become a selfish woman like I was before."

She's been such an amazing mother, always putting our babies' needs first, and I understand her concerns.

I wrap my arm around her, pulling her close. "No, Grace, you're not being selfish. You need to follow your dreams and pursue your passion." I continue, caressing her arm. "You're not just a mother, you're a woman with talents and aspirations, and you deserve to pursue them."

She frets, "But what if something happens to them while we're away?"

I can understand her concerns because that's the thought that disturbs me as well. The person who snatched her happiness in her childhood is free now, and we have no clue what he is planning. What will be his next move? I'm not worried about myself; I'm worried about Grace and our babies. Although our house is fully secured, the uncertainty is still there. Anything can happen.

However, we can't stop living our lives because of that bastard.

I cup her face in my hands, meeting her gaze with reassurance. "Grace, you are the best mother our children could ever have. You've already proven it." I press a kiss on her forehead. "And besides, our house is fully secured, and Olivia and Dad will take care of them. They'll be in good hands"

"I just can't stop worrying about them." She sighs.

I take her hand in mine. "It's your first shoot after the break. That's why I'm coming with you. And in the future, when you're busy with work, I'll be here to take care of the twins."

Grace rests her head on my chest. "Steve, Olivia is a great nanny, but you know that I just can't trust anybody when it comes to our kids."

"I know, Love," I reply, pressing a kiss to her head. "But Zara will also be there today. She'll take care of the twins."

Her eyes light up at the mention of Zara. "Yeah, I can only trust her. The babies are always happy with her. She's such a wonderful woman."

Zara comes to meet Giana and Evan after every few days, and her bond with them is undeniable. Twins become cranky when somebody holds them except us, but surprisingly they calm down in Zara's arms. It's a relief knowing that they're in excellent hands while we're away.

***

As the photoshoot progresses in the garden, I stand leaning against a tree, my hands are in my pocket and my eyes covered with sunglasses are fixed on my wife. The way the sunlight dances on her skin, the way her soft curled hair cascades down her back, she looks absolutely breathtaking. She is clad in a white dress, and the straps of it are knotted perfectly on her shoulders.