V

[Lady Mysa,

I am in utter confusion on how the gods have granted me the presence of your daughter. I had never known a part of me existed until I had been held in her arms. Her name on my tongue speaks like a prayer in which I shall forever speak. I have realised that I have spent my time thanking the gods, I should be thanking you. Thank you, Lady Mysa, for allowing me to feel your daughter's endearment, I will forevermore be in debt with you. I shall hold our sweet Mae close to my heart, in this lifetime and the next.

Prince Aemond Targaryen] -letter to Mysa Catell during the dance of the dragons.

The gown was gorgeous, too gorgeous. It was blue in colour with details of small flowers made with jewels. When her ladies were dressing her, she thought of Helaena and the lavender she wanted to bring to her.

"Tommen" She signalled to the boy stood in the corner, turned around and inspecting the floor. He had been like that since his lady had began getting ready. She was already dressed, and they had just finished her hair, yet he did not turn around.

"Yes Lady Mae?"

"Would you mind acquiring me some lavender from the gardens".

"Yes, my lady, I shall be back soon" He soon left, awfully quickly. He had joined them for breakfast after all, and for dinner late last night and for the snack they had before they ate dinner. It was clear that he enjoyed the company of Maellery, answering her every question.

It had been a few days since they met and yet Maellery had felt they had grown a small friendship. Tommen had been a servant boy since his mother had died and he had resumed her duties to the Queen. Maellery talked often about growing up with her mother and father and Tommen talked briefly about his family.

They had also discussed the many books Maellery had read before and the stories her mother had told her about various parts of the world. Tommen listened intently and declined sheepishly at Maellery's offer to get him books. He admitted to her that he could not read.

Maellery had promised that the time they spent together, Maellery would teach Tommen to read so he could enjoy the company of books. He thanked her profusely, she must admit, over the several days she had known him, she had grown a soft spot for the small boy, often acting as if he were a brother rather than a servant.

Maellery often wondered if it was because her father's desire for a son had been drilled into her at such a young age that she had now also wanted a boy in the family. As her mother lost babes, the hole had grown and Maellery needed someone to close it before she lost her sanity completely.

From a young age, Maellery's attachments to people who showed a small interest in her grew quickly and rapidly. Often spending most of her times in the kitchens, with the maids who fed her. In Maellery's mind, they had chosen to indulge her in meals of the highest quality ignoring that it was their job.

She awaited on his return before heading to the library. On the way, they spoke of engagements the others had throughout the next few days, training mostly for Aemond. Another thing, Rhaenyra's arrival back to her home was expected shortly, Maellery was unamused with this. She did not care for heirs and such of boys belonging to another.

Otto Hightower had also requested a meeting with Maellery later that noon, she accepted hesitatingly. It was not like she did not like him; he just made her stomach churn. She had thought about inviting Aemond, she knew his beloved grandsire would not try anything with her if he was present. She did not.

Upon arriving at the library, Prince Aemond sat in one of the many chairs there, oddly enough he chose the one that looked most uncomfortable. Maellery had not seen Aemond for the last couple of days, only noticing his disappearance when the moon began to shine in her windows and the last wood of the fire blew out.