VIII

The dress looked like something Alicent would wear, the hand had brought it to her chambers whilst she was out and upon seeing his requested hairstyles and jewels, she felt as if he was recreating a smaller Alicent. She felt honoured, touched by him thinking of the Queen.

She wore a small faith of the seven necklace with her dress, a small part of her hair pinned back. She smiled at her maids; Tommen stood in the corner. Unlike her ladies, Maellery had requested that Tommen wore gold threads in the fashion of the younger Daemon Targaryen. He looked the part.

"Is it too late to request some flowers in my hair?" Each of the ladies scrambled out and Maellery walked over to Tommen, adjusting his collar slightly before looking at him.

"You must do something for me" She whispered slightly, her face going stern.

"Anything"

"Daemon Targaryen, he is present with his wife, you will oversee getting information out of him. Here and at dinner, if he takes a sip of his wine, you will refill it. If he wants a slice of cake, you will give it to him. You are dressed like this to entice him; I want anything you can out of him. You mustn't speak to me, not even look at me, not even at Aemond. Do you think you could do that for me?"

He nodded slightly, tipping his head down. Maellery's hand placed on the sides of his face, pushing his head back up. "You will be fine, if he does anything you come straight to me. Aemond will take any excuse to have his tongue."

They both laughed together, Tommen looked at her with softness in her eye. Tommen adored her like one of the gods, or the people in stories that Maellery shared with him. They had to spend every moment together, Tommen's duty required it, though the nature of Maellery made the days enjoyable, and each day they spent, the more the pairs friendship blossomed.

Just as the maids returned, Maellery ushed him out the door, small flowers had been placed in her hair, yet they weren't very visible from a view. When she was ready, a small headpiece was placed on her head, and they began to walk. When they arrived, a man had announced her before she entered the hall.

She was the least important person there, she bowed to Alicent and the hand, placed on the Iron Throne before walking over to Aemond standing beside him, Aegon standing to her right and Helaena stood next to her dear brother. She could see Rhaenyra clearly, she was beautiful, more than they say. Her silver hair matched her siblings though her face was soft like Helaena, her temper like the two boys stood beside.

Luke and Jace stood on each side of her, Luke's hand was tucked into his mothers, and she was rubbing it gently. She looked toward the queen, who was staring at her with melancholy. Rhaenyra is a mother Alicent's wants to be, her sons seeking Rhaenyra's every affection when her daughter cannot even face her touch.

She returned her gaze back to Rhaenyra, stood glaring at the lord in front. She then took notice of Daemon, stood directly behind her. The rogue prince they called him. He was gross, it is then that Maellery was grateful she was married to someone like Aemond and not like Daemon, though the pair share characteristics.

"Though it is a great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark" Maellery almost yawned, she was pretending to be interested in this ordeal, she was much rather looking forward to the big family dinner later.

"As hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." The king had been decreasing in health since Maellery arrived and she often wondered how he was not dead. The hand had overseen conducting all important matters and Maellery hadn't once come face to face with the King since her arrival.