The wedding of sacrifice

The dances, music and conservations came in a trilogy of joy. Lords and ladies were dancing like they would never get the opportunity again, floating around like ghosts in their place of rest.

Wine was poured quicker than the eye could see, each cup never empty. Her eyes scanned over the room, each guest a political ally, enjoying a moment of peace before the world had caught up with them.

A black haired girl stood the outskirts of the room, sharing talk with another girl. They each watched a lady and lord dance hastily. She caught Maellery's eye, smiling at her as she did. Maellery felt an unease about it, her stomach becoming full rather quickly. She pushed away the food in front of her and turned to Ser Criston.

"Who is that Ser Criston?" Maellery whispered, still holding a look toward the maid. Ser Criston now bent to reach her ear.

"Alys Rivers princess, maid of harrenhall." She nodded contempt and he stepped back into line. She then signalled for tommen.

"Alys Rivers" she whispered, he took his duty and began to walk over to the black haired crow. Later, she was going to pitch an idea to her husband, Tommen becoming not a maid for the pair but their confidant. The master of murmurs, a spy for the couple.

She returned her gaze to the dancers, her eyebrows scrunching in envy. She looked toward her husband, deep in talks with his brother, who was now on his 5th glass of wine.

"Princess Maellery" A voice cried over the noise, presenting himself at the end of her table. She stood up, offering her hand. He took it gently, eyeing Aemond as he did.

As she sat back, he murmured something about how beautiful she was. "The tales do not do you justice, my princess. You are a very lucky man Aemond." he laughed, the whole table remained quiet.

When he realised, his laugh faded, turning into a clearing of his throat noise and he turned.
"Always a pleasure your company." Maellery added and smiled as nicely as she could.

Aemond leaned into her ear as he began to retreat. "I can kill him." Maellery did not encourage his words, looking at him in a foolish way.

"What would you like? As a wedding gift?" Aemond leant back, Maellery kept her eyes on him as she thought.

"A cat."

"Why would you want one of those beasts?"

"You have a dragon, do you not? I am not of Targaryen blood, I will never be able to take the skies on dragon back therefore i want a pet of my own." She cried, before turning around. She had suddenly remembered something important. "A black one." She turned to face him, before turning back around again.

"Maellery you cannot. Black cats are an omen,a symbol of death. It will bring bad fortune to us." he tutted, as if they were from the same worlds. They began to bitterly argue with each other, resulting in Aemond surrendering. Maellery nodded with approval and smiled to herself, perhaps he was a fun husband.

The Queen had now disappeared, found to have embraced company with her beloved stepdaughter or perhaps just her beloved. Tales had been scattered that the two were close in friendship, their younger selves spending days in each's presence. The bond had been broken when Alicent had married the King.

They shared a look that Maellery had seen, admirable and old love given from her mother to her maid. After she had left to sleep, the maids discussed the twos childhood romance, visible by nothing but flowers and blushing cheeks. It is said that when Mysa had been sent off to marry her father, he took a vow of celibacy, his intention nothing but to serve my mother, still fulfilling his wishes as yet.

The King was discussing matters with the Hand, her mother and father were out in the crowds openly sharing the love they supposedly share, her husband left to converse with his brother, now heavily drunken on wine, crying in inappropriate nonsense about the maids.