𝟬𝟬𝟰 | 𝗔𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗮

A/N: Stares

~~~

⋆ ★

⋆ ★

"Wait, I think I've got one!" I exclaimed, reeling in a pull I got with a fishing rod. "It's-- It's tough!"

"You can do it, [Name]!" Usopp cheered, encouraging my motivation to pull the fish out of the water. "Man, that one is stubborn!"

"I got it, I got it!" I reeled the fishing line all the way back up, just to see a giant empty box on the other end. "Um... Not really what I was expecting..."

"What's inside?!" Chopper pondered, taking the box for himself and opening the lid. "Bleh! It stinks!"

Karoo quacked from next to us, falling onto his back from how gross the inside of the box smelled. 

"Hey, guys," Vivi pat me on the shoulder, getting my attention while pointing straight ahead. "What's that?" She asked, looking at an area of steam coming up from the water.

"Looks like steam, but..." I shrugged, not having a clue. "I dunno the source, though."

"That's no good... I'll go get Nami!" Vivi informed, running up the stairs to go to the kitchen, where Nami was relaxing at.

Nami walked back out of the kitchen with Vivi, having a reassuring smile on her face. "Ah, don't worry. It's nothing, just steam. It's a hot spot."

"What the heck is that?"

"It's an area where magma is produced. There's an undersea volcano underneath that area, which are more common than volcanoes above ground."

Luffy puffed his lips out. "I don't really care, since it's not food..."

"Wait, we're going inside, aren't we?" I asked, noticing how the steam was only getting closer. After a few seconds the ship went inside the steam, which smelled like sulfur and made everyone start coughing. 

"W--Wait, something took the bait on the fishing hook!" Usopp yelped, desperately trying to reel what he got in.

"Really?!" I ran over with Luffy, waiting to see what he got in anticipation. When Usopp pulled the fishing rod out of the water, there was a whole man attached to it. "Woah...!"

He stared at us for a long minute before falling back into the water, calling for help as he started drowning. 

"Oh, crap!" I held my breath and jumped into the water, picking up his sinking form and rising back up to the surface. "Luffy!"

"Yeah!" Luffy nodded, and stretched his arm out to interlock his hand with mine, pulling me back up out of the water along with the strange man.

He was panting while water dripped from his chin, down to the floor. "I thought I'd die... Well, I'm really swanny. To think that I was saved by pirates who are total strangers... I will never forget your kindness for the rest of my life! Also, may I have a cup of warm soup?"