𝟬𝟬𝟴 | 𝗠𝗿. 𝟬

EP

EP. 106 - 109

' MR. 0 '

Honorifics will be used from this chapter and forward, since it makes this book seem closer to the anime/manga.

• ——— •

The Warlord, Crocodile, had a menacing grin on his face while he stared us down darkly. Luffy seemed to be at a loss for words after he spoke up a few seconds ago. Nami and Usopp were panicking and throwing their arms up into the sky, their bodies trembling from fear.

"So he's one of the Seven Warlords?" Zoro questioned in between grit teeth, skepticism visible in his expression.

"Whoa, that guy looks devious..." I pondered while whispering to myself. The man's maniacal smile seemed to be imbedded in my brain, for some reason... I just couldn't get it out of my thoughts.

"Devious? More like despicable..." Smoker corrected my claim, apparently managing to hear my voice, even though I tried to keep quiet. "Just look at him."

"I'd say he's both!" I shrugged, agreeing yet disagreeing with Smoker's words.

"Oh," Crocodile went out of his way to acknowledge Smoker, his eyes fixated on his form. "You really are the wild dog I've heard about, Smoker-kun. It seems you never once believed I was on your side. But, yes. You're correct. Smoker, I think I'll have you die an 'accidental' death."

Crocodile proceeded to walk over to the cell our entire group was being held in, his staring contest with Smoker never faltering.

"I'll inform the government that you fought well against the lowly 'Straw Hat' pirate," The Warlord eventually came to a halt with his approaching. "I don't know why you've come to this country, but I assume you're on your own. The government would never have sent you here, because everyone trusts me, as a Warlord of the Sea."

Luffy suddenly slammed his fist onto the concrete ground. "So you're Crocodile?!" He managed to stand back up, and grabbed onto the Sea Prism bars of the cell yet again. "Hey! You! Fight me--"

Before my captain could continue, he dropped weakly to the ground, his voice slurring as he did so.

"Pay attention! Don't touch the bars!" Usopp harshly scolded.

"Straw Hat Luffy. You've done well to come this far. I promise to get rid of you, so wait a little more. Our guest of honor has yet to arrive." Crocodile brought his hands together, and intertwined his fingers. His eyes landed on my figure, filling me to the brim with confusion. "Are you who I think you are?"

"Uh," I sweat-dropped, and awkwardly pointed to myself. "Me?"

"I remember you. [Name], the Queen of the Summer Festival!" Crocodile darkly chuckled, and inched closer to the cell once more. "How low you have fallen... Teaming up with Straw Hat?"