015

MAGGIE SAT ON HER FADED BLUE COUCH LOOKING AT THE MESSAGES SHE HAD GOTTEN WHEN SHE FLEW OVER TO LONDON

She considered not replying, but after Oscar's persistence in spam messaging her, she knew she had to let everyone know she was okay. She just needed an excuse as to why she left so suddenly.

little lando norris

little lando norris
maggie where did you go?
delivered 9:26am
little lando norris
angie just told be you're going back to london. what happened?
delivered 10:03am

magdog
i'm okay! just felt super seasick and needed to get home to my plants 😚

She didn't want to lie to Lando about her and Oscar, but she knew that if Angelina didn't understand that there was no chance Lando would.

little lando norris

little lando norris
oh okay. get better then i guess

magdog
thanks
seen 12:04pm

The girl used the same excuse for the rest of her friends hoping that no one was suspicious of her leaving so suddenly.

Maggie stared at the phone in her hands scared to message the boy that had made her go back to London. She felt bad for lying to him but knew that cutting off her feelings for him was the only way forward.

oscar

oscar
mags where did you go?
delivered 9:16am
oscar
are you okay?
delivered 9:27am
oscar
did i do something wrong?
delivered 9:31am
oscar
we don't have to talk about it
delivered 9:34am
oscar
i can forget about it. i just dont want you to leave me
delivered 9:38am

magdog
sorry i was on a flight back home. i was feeling super seasick and also remembered that i hasn't watered my plants before i left so i thought it would just be best if i went home.

She didn't even mention anything about last night hoping that if she stayed away from the topic Oscar would think it was just a drunken mistake.

oscar

oscar
oh alright. hope you're feeling better 🙂
seen 12:12pm

Maggie let out a sigh of relief that the boy hadn't mentioned anything hoping that maybe he had been so drunk he had forgotten the night.

Maggie returned to her normal schedule for the next day, rushing to work for her day shift and then coming home to freshen up for her night shift. Angelina had returned home that morning, working the bar while Maggie had her break at home.