Chapter 3

As Meg left me in my room I saw a red rose with a black ribbon wrapped around it, sitting on top of my nightstand. I picked up the rose, knowing it came from my Angel, indicating that he was pleased with me.

I placed it gently into a vase where all the flowers he had left for me were, still there from the previous weeks he had shown his satisfaction with me.

I fiddled with my fingers, knowing that he would be here any moment, as he always did after a performance.

I heard a knock abruptly interrupting my thoughts and I went towards the door, thinking that perhaps it was Meg but as I opened the door I was greeted by a bouquet of lilies and there holding them was Raoul.

I smiled and embraced him tightly, crushing the flowers between us.

"Oh Raoul, it's good to see you!" I exclaimed as I felt him embrace me back.

"It's good to see you too, Little Lottie or should I say not so little anymore, Christine you were absolutely incredible tonight seeing you on that stage singing was like listening to an Angel." He told me as I led him inside my room.

I smiled, appreciating the compliment more than anything that it was coming from him.

"Well, my Father did say that he would send the Angel of Music to me."

"And he certainly did, we should celebrate Christine how about a night out?" Raoul suggested returning my smile.

I backed away shaking my head at him remembering how strict the Angel Of Music was when it came to men.

"No Raoul, I can't."

"And why not, is the Angel Of Music preventing you from coming?" He said in a joking tone as he began to head for the door.

I grabbed his wrist, begging him to listen to me.

"The Angel Of Music is very strict, Raoul."

"I'll be sure to have you back before midnight, now you must get dressed, I'll call the carriage."

Raoul slipped out of my grasp and before I could say anything else the door clicked shut as he left.

I stood there for a moment nervously looking around me as if my Angels' voice might echo through my room at any moment, at first there was only silence then I saw the candles go out as a cold breeze came in.

"How dare this boy, this slave of fashion bask in your glory, ignorant fool this brave young suitor, daring to share in my triumph!"

I swallowed, hearing the anger in his tone frightening me and I knew I would have to beg for his forgiveness.

"Angel, my soul was weak, forgive me, stay by my side, guide me, please enter at last master."

There was silence for a moment and then he spoke again.

"Flattering child you shall know me, see why in shadow I hide, look at your face in the mirror..."

I turned to the long mirror hanging on the wall in front of me at first seeing only my own reflection standing there, but slowly I saw a white mask appear and then the figure of a man in dark clothing, with an even darker cape.

"I am there inside!"

I was mesmerized as I felt my legs moving closer to the mirror, not taking my eyes off of the man standing beside my reflection.

"Angel of music?" I asked in wonder.

The figure offered a black-gloved hand to me.

"I am your Angel Of Music, come to me Angel Of Music."

I took his hand and felt him lead me inside the mirror.

I couldn't help but stare hypnotically at him as he escorted me down the stony hall, not ever letting go of my hand. My mind was having a hard time wrapping around what was happening trying to piece together who this truly might be leading me away. Knowing he wasn't my angel and suddenly it hit me, the pieces connected.

I found my voice to speak as we descended down a set of stairs towards a lake where a black boat waited in the water.

"You're the Phantom Of The Opera,"

The Phantom turned to me still holding onto my hand and he smiled softly at me.

"That's what they call me, my Angel, but I think in your fantasies you secretly knew that."

He lifted me into the boat and I sat, I looked around my surroundings at the large stone arches that were above us as The Phantom rowed the boat through the water.

"Do I dream again?" I asked myself out loud in a low voice as I turned my gaze back to the phantom, the unmasked side of his face glancing over at me.

I closed my eyes, I had to be dreaming this couldn't possibly be a reality, it was impossible.

I slowly opened my eyes seeing a stretch of stony land where there was a piano, rows of lite candles, a table filled with papers, and a red velvet curtain in the back concealing my vision from what was on the other side.

The boat stopped in front of it, The Phantom stepping out of the boat and turning to offer his hand to me.

I stared at him, then back at his hand, but shakily accepted it.

He pulled me to my feet, ushering me towards the back speaking as he did.

"I've dreamt of this night that I could bring you here ever since I laid eyes on you when you first came to the Opera House, and now I can finally start making those dreams a reality."

Pulling back the curtains, he released my hand allowing me to go in before him.

I stepped forward seeing a simple bed, much like the ones in the Opera House dormitories in front of me. I looked to my right and gasped, backing away, my back running into the Phantom, who was now standing behind me.

"Do you like it, I made it for you." He whispered to me as he skimmed his gloved fingers against my neck.

I stared at the human-like wax figure of me wearing a white wedding dress and veil. As I looked closely at it, I could feel my legs grow weak, my stomach twisting into a million knots at the thought of someone obsessing over me this much.

I could feel my vision going in and out of focus until I collapsed. Before I could hit the ground I saw The Phantom catch me in his arms and that was the last thing I saw before everything turned black.