Temple

Tang Zhan plunged through the clouds expecting to be instantly pulverized by the flashing lightning and all that but rather, he felt like he fell in a sea of fluffiness.

He could see different colors of lightning flashing and streaking around him, but like he was in a bubble the lightnings and dark clouds were outside of a sphere around him .

He kept falling for like five seconds, before he fell through the clouds to the other side. Immediately covering his eyes as the rays of light invaded his eyesight, partially blinding him with it's brightness.

The dark clouds were above him, continuing their dangerous show of power, but below him was different lifeforms on all fours limbs or some with more than four limbs.

Tang Zhan's eyes widened in shock, the scene before him being too unbelievable, because beneath him on the ground are more than a hundred different types of beast. Beast he had never seen before in his life, not like he had actually seen any kind of beast before, but this was much different.

Some looked like lions and tigers, others were more flexible like cheetahs and pumas. While others were just mixed of things that doesn't exist.

'If I was to fall in their midst, will I survive? Nah, I don't think so.' He thought to himself as he immediately conjured his shadow.

'What do I do? What do I do? Even if I wrap myself in shadow and land safely I'll still be in enemy territory, should I just outright attack them... No that's suicide.' He kept pondering as his shadow whisked and danced around him as if it was awaiting orders.

'Wait a minute! Doesn't my shadow in a way act a different kind of inventory, what if I wrap myself in it and shrink it to most most minimum I can... wouldn't I become invisible?' He could see the distance between him and the ground was getting smaller each second.

Tang Zhan couldn't hold it anymore or try to think up something better so he just did as he thought. His shadow crept up his body, and soon enough it covered him whole.

After covering him fully, the shadow started to recede as it shrunk down in size, it kept shrinking and shrinking until it was the size of an ant.

'phew! That was dangerous, so things inside the shadow space don't actually add in weight to it's carry capacity, I can't still control it the same and it still feels as light as it always is. This is truly amazing!' Tang Zhan thought as he was inside a black pocket dimension. He could see the others things he had put inside arranged neatly, there were even two chairs and a table, which was currently occupied by the dealer and the nose zombie.

The dealer and the nose zombie were both playing card games, as the dealer was looking at his deck of cards with a serious expression.

"Uhn!" Tang Zhan looked at both of them, and they similarly looked back at him.

Then he looked beneath him and sees he is still holding on to the dead zombies body, then a smile crept up his face. "I'll check the 8% capabilities against the beasts, if he fares well then I can fare better since I'm technically stronger, but if he does badly... I'll act according to his bad he fails." He nods his head at his grand plan.

A line of shadow went out from him, into the dead zombies, and like a virus it corrupts him from the inside out. Within no time he had become fully black, then he stood up as well. "Master!".

Tang Zhan inhaled sharply, "let the test begin."

Many beast moved around, mingling or avoiding each other, some would purposely go disturbs those stronger than them, then a chase would start but it would later end when the opposing beast are at each other's throat, then they would suddenly stiffen up and go back to how there were before.

In one not so secluded corner, a tiny unnoticeable dot, stayed put in one spot floating calmly without causing any disturbance or disruption to the surrounding. Then the space in front of the dot warped and out came a black colored zombie, cracking both it's neck and fist.

"Let's see what you all are worth" It said as it ran into the herd of unsuspecting beasts, or as he thought.

As he crept up behind a bull like beast, ready to claw it mercilessly from it's behind, he instantly got blasted backwards with his chest missing, while the beast had an outstretched hind leg.

The shadow zombie stood up back, his chest filling up with shadow, until it got back to how it once was.

'what just happened? I didn't see it move, it was like the kick teleported to the chest, but that's impossible, there shouldn't be anything that strong yet right?... Unless... unless these things have always been here since a long time, and they've had all the time in the world to grow stronger' Tang Zhan thought to himself as he looked through the eyes of the zombie he had sent out to fight.

The zombie went to a different animal this time, it was a slim one foot long snake, but as he got too close, he was split in perfect halves.

'okay now this is serious, what do I d-' Tang Zhan speech was cut off as a being appeared in the northern sides.

"Your tricks are useless!" The voice domineeringly said, and with that Tang Zhan's shadow dot popped like balloon.

With that Tang Zhan fell out on the ground with no where to hide, sitting right in front of all the beast that suddenly changed their position and we're now creepily staring at him.

Tang Zhan smiled awkwardly, because I he way the beast looked at him, was as if they were judging and debating on what they should do with him.

'Who or what was that capable of deactivating my shadow skill?' Tang Zhan looked around searching for an escape route, until...

"I am not a who, neither am I a what... I am a god, specifically speaking a clone of a god, but I am he and he is I, call me Kairos or Caerus, and here is my trial of opportunity, I call it... The Chanced Temple, where chances are as scarce as a decision." The voice that kept speaking and displaying his powers by not just cancelling Tang Zhan's shadow but also reading his thoughts.

Finally the owner of the voice came to light, a male with a young face and fit build, he is at least 8 foot tall, and has only a lock of hair on his head. Behind him floats a scale balance on a sharp edge.

His legs have wings that keeps him flying in the air, while his face holds a beaming smile. He then comes down slowly as he lands amidst the beasts, that part and make way for him.

Tang Zhan stands up and looks deeply at the self proclaimed cloned god Kairos. His search for am escape was futile. So he walks towards the awaiting Kairos.

"So, what do I do to leave here?" Tang Zhan shadow suddenly picks up something as he came close to Kairos. The shadow kept tugging in the direction of a temple that is in the northern region.

Tang Zhan looks at it trying to understand it's words, but then the clone looks at the shadow and smiles dangerously immediately stopping the shadow in place.

Tang Zhan gulps heavily, while Kairos rises in the air again, " to get out, you have to pass my trial. I can see the current situation of the world has made you all able to improve as you kill. So I'm giving you a all you can kill buffet."

"You either fight and win against five beasts, or you can grasp and understand the situation. Either one you do I'll give you a way out, as well as five minutes to do anything unbothered, whether it's to be killing the beasts around for experience points or to take something on me, give minutes is what you have! So what would you do?" Kairos smiles again but this time Tang Zhan could feel the imminent grip of death hanging over him.

Kairos smiles widens as he says again, "what would you do?".

...