Grad wins

Garen got beaten by his self, as the attack the skinny ranker did could not be counted as a move against him. Since the skinny guy only just entwined his hands and loosened it very fast, it couldn't be considered an attack against him. Just like how one throws an object but then it hits something and bounces back hitting the person that threw it that is also how this situation could be explained.

"Thankfully it is one of those weaker idiots that fights with provocation." Muttering to himself, the skinny guy leaves the rock and climbs down from it as he head off back into the crowd to join the others awaiting the opening of the gods field.

The team of four finally reach the bottom of the rock as well, as they proceeded to discuss.

"Who should go up first?" Grad throws a question at all of them.

"Well no one better to test the waters than you, the team leader right?" Glyscyra replies with a hint a sarcasm as Grad squints his eyes a little at her.

"Alright then, watch your team leader and learn a lesson from this." Grad boasts as he climbs the rock to the top.

He reaches the top of the rock, instantly catching the attention of others as they stare at his quite burly body with the huge broadsword on his shoulder held with only one hand.

He stares around and breathes in deeply, then he shouts. "I GRAD, CHALLENGES RANKER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINTH RANKER FOR HIS PRIVILEGE!" Waiting a minute no one came up to fight him, so he was about to shout again until a female came up with a bow and a quiver, an archer like Glyscyra.

The girl was wearing crop top, but with shredded sleeves and her she was in ripped skirt that reached her mid thighs, her brown hair was braided with feathers lining the sides.

Everyone looking at the set-up wet quite surprised, a berserker who could only be effective in a close range fight, and an archer who could fight well in a long range fight. Apart from fighting, the both of them also had to make sure they kept their advantages, starting with the female archer who was already with her advantage since the fight will be starting with both being apart.

Without hesitation, the girl nocked her arrows to her bow and starting shooting at Grad who already used her nocking lag to move closer, but he still wasn't close enough.

With arrows flying his way, he placed his broadsword before himself on the ground and turned sideways while making sure he was still holding it well.

The arrows collided with the sword and few others scraped his clothes but did no harm at all. With the first set of shooting over with, Grad slashes his sword forward with the way it was still embedded into the ground, the action results into tiny rubbles and dust flying out to the girl, as her sight was slightly impaired.

As an expert in her terms, the girl closes her eyes, as she uses her ear instead, and with the way Grad is a berserker using a heavy weapon, it is impossible for him to move silently, whether it's his steps, or his body collision with air, it is all going to make sounds and give feedbacks because of their builds.

The girl continued listening in to the ground for any approaching footsteps, but she heard nothing, and when she finally hears a sound it only occurs for a very short second and it was gone again. This made her even more cautious, but she placed her caution on the wrong side.

Suddenly the air above howls a bit, as Grad falls down with a huge slam of his broadsword right beside the girl's feet, a slight crack spreading from the impact.

"You lost, but you tried!" Grad compliments her as only him could see the true end of the fight.

When he had slashed down at her, she actually notices but a bit too late, and she couldn't nock her arrow so what she did was to put out the arrow like that with the top touching Grad's stomach. If it was a real battle, Grad wouldn't have changed his trajectory, but neither will the girl have stopped her arrow, she would have died but he would have also been critically injured and might even later die from aftereffects of the injury.

They both retract their weapons as they also greeted themselves with respect, it was a short battle, but one that could only happen between experts.

Grad comes down with a quite happy face as he now holds a rank, he went on boasting to Rill and Glyscyra, while Aion's gaze remains on the girl as she also climbed down the rock.

Her face would have natural been dejected for losing her rank, but her face held an even greater horror, one that runs deep into her very soul.

Staring at her Aion suddenly had a sort of vision, it was briefly for some milliseconds but he greatly understood the meaning and significance.

'Another ability that came from being an Ancient, or from being my father's son. Her life thread hangs by a sliver of a wool.' The vision he had seen, was one where a thread was shown. At he center of the thread, two of the eight or ten wools had cut apart, and the rest were still together, but as she lost her battle with Grad, the rest of the wools loosened apart and was stretched taut as it was only held by one wool.

[The girl has a unavoidable death sentence before her, and she will be killed before her predestined time. Save her.

Yes/No]

Aion looks at the girl face as she passed beside him, not even bothering to wait behind like every other unranked person still waiting behind.

"Hey guys, that girl might need out help"

The team turns to face him confused. They stare at the girl but nothing feels out of the ordinary that they needed to save her.

"She looks fine, and she even greeted me normally and accepted her loss, so I don't think she is in an-"

"She actually is!" Glyscyra was the who spoke up, her eyes focused on the girl's head.

"She is surrounded by bad omen, and this is the omen of existence!"

"Bad omen? Omen of existence? What's all this and that you both are saying?" Rill said as he proceeded to sit on a small rock by the side after dusting it well.

"Only Aion might be able to see it, there is a thick dark air swirling around her head. The dark air itself is the bad omen, but if it is floating around her head it is of the existence, which is why it is the bad omen of existence." She concludes as Aion tries to see what she is seeing, but he doesn't as his own was rather showing him the scene of a thread holding on to each other by the tiny strand that remains.

"That bad omen of existence, the only thing I can understand is the 'bad' and the 'omen' and that's only separately, but when you put all of them together, that's a totally different thing that I don't understand." Grad say but got punched playfully on the stomach by Glyscyra.

"It's not like you're meant to be smart in the first instance, you can't have brawns ad still have brains." Rill sassed at him earning a growl from Grad as he roars and was about to chase after Rill but Glyscyra spoke up.

"Bad omen of existence means... She is going to die soon."

Rill suddenly stops and turns back to face Glyscyra. "How come you're seeing this now, but you didn't see Rack's own that he was going to die as well."

The question caught everyone off guard, as everyone was forced to remember that incident again, even though it was only this morning it just happened, they have been trying their bests to avoid the matter and keep the atmosphere lively and cheerful, but now the thing they tried hard to forget for the sake of Rill, was brought out again by Rill.

"Your brother didn't have it, before the fight with the Ifrit. It was when Aion shouted that I turned and saw your brother was already pierced, for a brief moment the omen appeared I saw it but it dispersed when he was pierced, I'm sorry I didn't notice it on time..."

"Don't worry, my brother died because of our mistake, and the Ifrit's evil nature but I won't let another innocent person die when I already know it is going to happen." Rill says, his expression showing his fierce determination like the one he has on his face back at the cavern, a face like a Tiger.

The team look around for the girl, as they spotted her leaving the crowd already and heading in away from the area, as they all quickly follow her.

[Yes/No]

[Yes]

...