34

It had been a long few months since the newborn battle.

About a month after the battle Josie found out she was pregnant.

Which wasn't too shocking, Josie and Rosalie had spent a while talking about potentially having another child.

They had decided to have another child, in case one of them died in the battle of the newborns, they gambled with fate, and it paid off.

Since they found out that Josie was pregnant, the rest of the Cullen's had been very excited.

They didn't get to be with her through her last pregnancy.

Or her birth, so they were all very excited to be able to experience the second pregnancy of the next generation of Swan-Hale's.

Things with the pregnancy have been going well so far.

Unlike her pregnancy with Hope, Josie doesn't have too many days of morning sickness.

But her cravings had been weirder than before, her body was more achy, and she'd been a lot more hornier than usual.

But other than that, this pregnancy seemed to be an absolute breeze.

And Hope!

Gods, Hope has been developing so fast that it's crazy.

She's almost a year old now, she'd learnt to crawl during her 8th month and she's babbling a whole lot more now than what she used to.

Josie believed that she'd start walking and talking soon.

Things have been so busy, what with the wedding planning, the shopping for said wedding, and sending out invitations, that Josie and Rosalie haven't had time for another ultrasound since their first one after Carlisle told them that they were pregnant again.

So that's where the family was.

Bella was at home resting for the big day, which happened to be tomorrow, Edward was out hunting with Jasper and Emmett for his bachelor party, and the rest, which included Rosalie, Carlisle, Caroline, Alice, and Esme were all in the room waiting for the results of the ultrasound.

They'd decided that this time they'd learn the gender of the baby.

That way everyone would get a say in what the names could be, or who wanted to be the godparents.

Hope's godparents just so happened to be Emmett and Alice, which the two were very excited to learn.

Rosalie and Josie had decided yet who would be the godparents for baby number two.

Carlisle set the ultrasound machine up, preparing the probe and gel.

"Alright, it will be cold, like usual." Carlisle joked.

Earning a small laugh from Josie who was sat on the medical table with only a pair of leggings and a sports bra on.

It was one of her more go to pregnancy outfits, sometimes she'd throw on one of Rosalie's hoodies, but other than that, it was an outfit she wore practically everyday.

Carlisle put the probe onto Josie's stomach and started to move it around.

It took him a minute, but eventually he found the baby, the heartbeat playing clearly around the room.

"Heartbeat is strong, and there is your baby." Carlisle said with a smile.

But before he could show them the sonogram, he frowned.

"What, what's wrong?" Rosalie asked. Worried for her child.

Carlisle didn't speak for a minute.

"Carlisle?" Esme asked softly.

Wondering what had her mate frowning.

Carlisle still didn't speak.

He kept shifting the probe around before he stopped.

His eyes flirting across the screen, his eyebrows pinched with worry.

Before his face went slack, his jaw dropped, and his eyes widened.

"What is it? Is the baby okay?" Josie fretted.

Uncomfortable by the silence.

"They're both completely healthy." Carlisle said with a large smile.

It was like one of those record scratch moments.

Everything in the room went silent, no one moved, no one breathed.

If a human were to walk into the room right now, they'd think that they just walked into a room filled with unmistakably beautiful and realistic life sized statues.

Rosalie met Josie's eyes, both of them displaying a hundred different emotions at once that it was hard to get a solid read on them.

It was actually Alice who broke the silence.

"Wait... Both of them... As in more than one?" Alice asked in complete shock.

Carlisle grinned.

"Yes, as you can see here, this is baby A, and if you switch around Baby A, you can see baby B hiding, which is why we've never seen baby B before. Baby A was not only masking Baby B's body, but also Baby B's heartbeat. I barely caught sight of Baby B, which is why I was so shocked. Now, let's see the genders of my new grandchildren." Carlisle said with a smile.

"Wait!" Caroline said.

Everyone looked towards her.

"Let's get into contact with the guys and Bella. They'll probably want to know the good news as well." Caroline said.

"That's a good point." Rosalie said with a nod.

She wanted everyone to know as soon as possible.

They'd probably wait to tell Charlie until tomorrow at the wedding. Which will also be the first time Renee will meet Hope.

She knew her youngest had a daughter already, but she hasn't met her, in person at least.

Everyone has been too busy to travel as of late, which was completely fine. Josie hasn't seen her mom since Bella got injured by James, but the do talk once a week.

She knew that Josie was pregnant again, and that Rosalie has proposed.

They just haven't had time to meet up.

Esme got her phone out and called Jasper, the most likely to pick up.

Whilst Alice called Bella.

The phones rang for only a second before two voices were heard.

"Hello?" Bella asked confused.

"Is everything alright?" Jasper asked concerned.

"Hello everyone, everything is fine. We just decided to do an ultrasound for Josie now that we had the time. We just found out some very shocking news, would you like to hear?" Esme asked.

Multiple sounds of approval filtered over the phones.

"We're having twins!" Rosalie said loudly, the excitement was very clearly heard through the phones.

Four sounds of congratulations came through the phone, all four of them were shocked.

"Charlie did say multiples running the family." Bella said from the phone in Alice's hand.

"I know, I just never expected to have twins myself." Josie said.

"We were just about to find out the genders, so stay on the phone." Rosalie told her siblings.

He carefully looked at the screen, using the probe as needed.

"Okay, Baby A... Is a girl." Carlisle said with a large smile.

Cheers rang out through the room.

Another girl!

"And Baby B is... Also a girl. Congratulations girls." Carlisle said with a beaming smile on his face.

More cheers and congratulations rang out over the phone.

"Two girls." Josie said with a smile.

"Hope will be happy." Rosalie said with a grin.