𝟢𝟣𝟣,𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐩... 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝?

CH. ELEVEN
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

The next morning, she wakes up with quite a bit of a headache, but 'losing' her clothes at the lake had felt worse, so she'll live.

After a whole night of thinking about the things Gally said, she honestly only got angrier. "That was about time," she snaps when he announces her hut is finished. "Why did it take a whole fucking month?"

"Well, maybe because it's not just creating the walls, but also a bed, desk, making sure it's waterproof, and having to wait for the Box to deliver supplies," he snaps back.

It's not like she's not grateful for his, or any Builder's, work, it's just the anger at him. That hard to explain a promise she made?

"And I've got you a shuck lock," he adds stubbornly, pressing the key in her hands. "Have fun with it."

She stares at him for a while. Tries to read his expression. It's emotionless as always. Maybe his jaw is a bit clenched from anger and his eyes also wear anger, but somehow she can see he hopes she approves. A month's not nothing after all, yeah.

"Thank you," Joan eventually says, no matter how much she hates doing it. "I'll go check it out."

"You do that," he murmurs, then vanishes to, she guesses, yell at the Builders. 

Joan unlocks the door of the hut. She's very grateful for that lock, too.

The hut is built from branches, so many that it's barely see-through. These branches form four walls, that are attached by nails and pieces of wood. There's two handles beside the door to put torches in, which is nice for when it's dark.

Joan walks inside. It's about eight by nine feet, the furniture brown because it's all made from wood, and the smell is like... clean clothes. A nice new feeling, but also that disappointment it doesn't smell like 'home' yet.

There's a desk on her right, a small closet on her left, and a bed in the other right corner. It's not bigger than Newt's bed, except he had white sheets and she has pink ones.

Ahw. He got her pink sheets? That's honestly very kind.

Then a note catches her eye. Fast, she picks it up.

No, you did this yourself when you put your shucking red shirt in the white laundry. I don't do pink.

Oh, well.

She shrugs, happy with the result of her own mistakes, then turns to the desk. There's an empty notebook in one of the drawers and she can see someone placed a few of her made serums on top of the desk, along with a few supplies to make more things.

Alright, it's awesome. She would bury herself in here the whole day if she has a bad one. That says enough.

Just gotta ask for some posters or any decoration to hang on her wall, candles, more pillows, and maybe lights? Oh! She can ask for a camera and hang pictures on her wall!

Too much fantasy?

Excited, she runs to place her stuff that's currently in Newt's hut, to her hut. With all her clothes in her hands, she runs across the Glade.

From all huts, Newt's is the first in line and hers is the last, so it takes some exercise.

The next hour, she spends sorting her clothes into her closet, dreaming about decorations, and testing her bed out. The mattress almost seems softer than the one Newt has, but she might get a bit delusional at this point. She's just very happy.