𝟢𝟦𝟦, 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐬

CH. FORTY - FOUR
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I never actually found out how exactly you broke your broke your ankle," Gally realizes the next morning, lying his head beside hers on the pillow.

"Well—"

"Wait, let me guess. You blew it up along with chemicals?"

"As if I would."

"You tripped?"

"Close enough."

"You tripped when trying to run away from an angry Alby?"

"No."

"Camil wheeled over it?"

"No."

"Okay, I give up. What happened?"

"...Thomas ran off, so I ran after him, but couldn't keep up, so threw my shoe to make him trip, but he threw it back, and I fell, and then my ankle broke."

Well, someone's gonna die today.

"It's his fault," he realizes.

"Well, yes, but, let's not immediately hurt him before we ask him what he knows—"

Gally gets up, murmuring something about 'already dead'. Quickly, she puts some decent clothes on and runs after him. Fortunately, he has already stopped. Is staring at something in the distance.

"What—"

"HELP!"

Oh, well.

A second later, Gally's making his way to wherever the sounds came from. She can't keep up due to her leg, unfortunately, and almost wants to send her pain to Gally so she won't be the only one to stay behind, but figured out that's kind of mean and a little selfish, so she ends up hopping across the Glade on one leg.

It takes so long that boys are already wandering off when she arrives. "What happened?" She asks Chuck, who's closest by.

His face is pale. Like... really pale, and he seems to be shaking a bit. "Thomas and—"

"Wait. Sit down first," she decides. "I'll get you some water. Or tea?"

Despite the fact she is craving for any information about Thomas, since she remembers him and for sure doesn't exactly like him so far, Chuck goes first. Poor kid's only been here for a week, after all.

After she gave him the water, she sits down in front of him. "Thomas and who did what?"

"He and—"

"Oh my god!" She slams a hand on her mouth. "Did he and Newt—"

"No," he says, shaking his head. "Thomas came running out of the woods. Ben was running after him. He got—" a sharp inhale "—stung."

Her heart just stopped working for a second.

"What?" She blinks.