𝟢𝟤𝟩,𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐬?

CH. TWENTY - SEVEN
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Greenie Day again again.

She can't help but be excited, though she knows the chance is big that it will be a boy.

First of all, she asked for dozens of supplies. So much that she doubts if the Creators will even give it to her. Second of all, another chance to get a coworker. Thirdly, she's been here for a half year. Not exactly something to celebrate, but she's happy she survived so far.

Smiling, she joins Hank, Gally, Clint, and for once Alby. He's often busy with other things. Barely sits with the rest, except for now.

"Hi, Alby! How're you?"

He looks up from his food, unbothered. "I'm alright. You?"

"I'm good," she tells him.

Gally pulls a questioning face. "So. Why are we getting the pleasure of your company?"

"What? You're already overheating by my presence?" She smiles. "I don't know. I just join people I like. Camil's lazy and likes to sleep in, as you probably know."

"I didn't know you like Gally," Hank speaks up. "I thought y'all hated each other."

"Things chance." She shrugs. "How are you, though?"

And his face is bright red again... great. "I'm good," he peeps. "You?"

"I'm good. And you, Clint?"

"I'm as awful as I can feel in an early morning, but alright. You?"

"I'm good," she chuckles. And you?

Good. And you? He mimics.

Both of them let out a laugh at the same time, then receive some weird glances.

Why don't we mess with them?

How? He wonders. Wait— suggest to play a game in which we have to guess what word the other has in their mind.

"I have an idea," Joan starts, grinning. "I take a word in my head, y'all guess it. I'll whisper the word to one person so they know I'm not lying when someone gets the correct answer. Yeah?"

"Uh... sure."

She whispers the word to Hank, who nods. "Alright. Alby, guess.

He groans. "I don't shuckin' know. Greenie Day?"

Both Hank and Joan shake their head. "Clint?"

"...Tool-Maker?"

"Nope." She smiles. "Gally."

He also groans, but under his breath. "Navy blue."

"Correct!" She covers a laugh up. "Alright. Who's next?"

"I'll go," Clint insists. "Gally won, so I'll tell him the word I have in mind."

It's band-aid, Gally says.

Typical.

"Glade?" Hank tries, but the two boys shake their head.

"Band-aid," she guesses. Jeff's face falls in surprise. Gally is now the one who has to cover up a laugh, but the grin on his face stays.

"I'll go," Alby murmurs, certainly not excited about this game. "Shuckface," he whispers to her.

Shuckface.

Gally glares at her. Excuse you?

That's the word. Shuckface!

Oh— alright.