Part 38

Paige POV

It's been weeks. weeks slowly turned into a month. and our first game is slowly approaching. i'm scared for it though.

i'm scared that she won't be there to witness our first game of the season. that she won't be able to cheer me on like i want her to.

everyday after classes i'd go see violet. after practice i go see violet. on days i'm free...i'm with violet. i promise her and myself that i'd be there for her the whole way.

i wanted to be there when she woke up. i know it may not be possible but it's what i'm hoping for.

the girls would sometimes come with me to sit and talk to violet about what's happening as if she's awake. i love how they're wanting to look on the bright side of things and making sure i'm okay.

i've been making sure kk isn't blaming herself once i learned she was. she thought that she could've helped avoid everything that happened.

i told her that's it's not her fault. that she didn't know if she was right or not and didn't want to start anything. over time she finally believed me and began to act like her cheery self.

it was mainly her popping in with me to go see violet. she's always seen violet as an older cool sister and wanted to be there when she woke up also.

practice just finished and i was switching to my crocs when aubrey, ashlynn, kk, and q walked up to me. "you goin to see violet?" aubrey asked and i nod my head looking up.

"yea, always" i smile softly at them. "can we go?" ash askes, she's the shy type but you could tell she cared for violet. "yea of course, no need to ask. i'm gonna pop by the apartment real quick and shower then we'll head over yea?" i tell them and they nod.

we head out and to the athletes apartments. i take a quick good shower before putting on one of violets favorite hoodies i have and some sweats. i keep my crocs on and grab my keys.

i text them letting them know i'll be waiting in my car. once i get off the elevator and outside i already see them there. i smiled at them and walk over. "y'all got ready faster than me" i laugh unlocking the car.

"yea well kk doesn't know what patience is.." q mumbles and kk just smiles at me. i chuckle and hop in heading to the hospital.

we get to her room and see her mom reading a book. she looks up when she hears the door open. "ah paige right on time" i laugh and hug her.

"how is she?" i ask looking over at her. "she's been good, they came in and did some check ups making sure she's good. they said hopefully she'll be awake in about a week" she sighs caressing her hair.

i let out a heavy sigh. "she'll make it to the game paige don't worry okay?" anna her mom says and i just nod my head. she looks over at the girls and says hi giving hugs.

"hi vi! i miss you a lot...it's sad i don't have anyone to make a tiktok with" kk says sadly. i rub her back knowing she really misses her.

"i brought my freshie buddies with me today!" she lightens the mood. "hey boo, looking pretty as always" q says smiling at her.

i smile wide, cause she's not wrong. my baby is always looking good. "hey vi, i know we aren't that close but i do miss you. i miss hearing you announce your entrance every time we have practice" ash says making all of us laugh.

we sit down and talk some before they decide to hit the hay. i say bye to anna giving her a big hug. "i'm gonna say bye to her real quick" i tell them and they nod. i walk back in and go to her side.

"hey mama, i don't know if you can hear me or not. i miss you so much, and i know i keep saying this but i'm so sorry. i'm sorry i couldn't keep you safe." i whisper starting to tear up a little.