Chapter 5 - New Changes

"Hey Mate" he stared in my eyes coldly.

"X..Xavier?" I looked shocked at him.

"Surprise" he chuckled darkly.

"But how... I mean why didn't you tell me or better yet you knew I was your mate, yet you went and dated Jenna," I asked hurt and confused.

"I dreaded this moment, but I knew it will come no matter what. Listen violet, you are really great, but we can't be together," he said.

"What?.... are you rejecting me" I said.

"No, I can't do that because it will kill both of us, but we can't be together" he said moving towards me.

"Am I that bad that you don't want to be with me?" I asked tears rolling down my cheeks.

"No that's not it but you are just a kid and I need a strong Luna to be able to proceed with my revenge," he answered coldly breaking my heart in the process.

"So you are mating with Jenna?" I asked afraid of his answer.

"Yes" he answered.

I don't know why but I felt like I can't breathe, and I need to run away from the scene, so I just did that I ran towards the forest but not before shifting in my wolf form. I kept running and running his words repeated over and over in my head, but I couldn't take it anymore I started howling in pain than I collapsed on the floor.

Waking up I looked to find myself still in the forest, I stood up shaking my fur and started heading back towards the house. Upon reaching the house, I changed back in my human form, grabbing a change of clothes we keep behind a tree for emergencies like that, then I entered the house.

"Omg V, where were you? you had as all worried" Sam said rushing towards me when I opened the door.

"Ask him" I hissed looking behind her at my supposed to be mate than I took off upstairs to pack my things, I just cannot stay here it will be too much for me.

Sam POV:

After Violet rushed upstairs, I turned towards Xavier waiting for an explanation.

"Violet is my mate" he said.

"Well, that's a good thing, right? Then why she does look like someone ran over her puppy" I said.

"Because I told her that we can't be together and that I will mate with Jenna" he said.

"YOU TOLD HER WHAT!! How dare you Xavier" I said not believing my ears.

"Look Sam I don't care what you think of me but after our parents were killed, I promised myself that I will put the interest of the pack above everything else even my own" he dumbly said.

"ohh really and how rejecting Violet will be in the interest of the pack" I sarcastically asked.

"Violet is just a kid and I need a strong Luna so I can avenge our parents" he confessed.

"OMG how can you be such an asshole, I am really disappointed in you, and I think if our parents were still here, they will be too" I said.

"Well, they are not, and I hope you come around to understand why I did it" he said darkly.

I was ready to snap at him when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, I looked up to find Violet carrying her suitcases.

"Hey Hey... where are you going" I asked trying to stop her.

"Sorry Sam no hard feelings but I can't stay here any longer" she said.

"Well where would you go? Just wait until we figure things out," I pleaded.

"There is nothing to figure, I am leaving now," she said glaring at Xavier.

"Well wait I will come to drop you off wherever u want to go" I said.

"No thanks George is waiting for me outside, when I settle, I will give you a call," she said hugging me.

Upon hearing George's name Xavier growled so I glared at him to shut up.

"Bye asshole enjoy your life," she said to Xavier before she left.