Chapter 9 -

Few minutes ago:

Xavier POV:

Fucking Vampires I swear they have a death wish coming again to my territory after what they have done years ago. I was running until I reached the place upon arriving, I smelled her before i see her, what is she doing here I turned to my human form.

"What happened here" I asked looking at the two Vampires.

"Well you were late for the party" Alex said laughing. I nodded at Alex thanking him than my eyes turned to Violet, I can see she fought the vampire who was lying beside her feet, I looked at her checking if she was okay before my eyes caught the deep scratch on her arm. I was fuming but at the same time impressed with her bravery.

The little boy running and hugging her legs while thanking her for saving his life interrupted my thoughts. I watched the scene until she started walking towards me, "I didn't kill the vampire so you can interrogate him if you want," she said before walking away.

"Alex mind explaining to me what happened," I said.

"Well, when you mind-linked us, I was with Violet, so we ran here and found them with the little boy about to bite him. Violet changed in her human form to stop them and began fighting with one of them while I attacked the other one than you guys came," he said.

I growled, "What were you doing with my mate."

"Well last time I checked you refused her but anyway we were hanging around she is my friend, and I already got a mate who I love and cherish," he said rolling his eyes.

I nodded before burning the dead vampire while we took the other one to the dungeon to interrogate him when he wakes up.

"Sam tells me where Violet lives" I mind-linked her.

"Why I swear if you break her heart again, I will kill you brother or not" she replied.

"Don't worry just give it to me" I told her sighing.

With that she told me the address, I took my car and went there. I knocked on the door, she opened the door where a white nightshirt. dammit she is hot. 

"Hey Violet" I said.

Violet POV:

"Hey Violet" I opened the door to find Xavier in front of me.

"Hey, do you need anything" I asked him confused at why he came.

"Yes, how is your arm" he asked.

"Yeah, was just gonna stitch it right now" I said.

"Let me help," he said not waiting for my answer grabbing the bandage from the table and the needle before trying to stitch my hands. I was hurting but tried to look strong. After he was finished, he covered my arm with a bandage.

"Thank you" I said.

"No need. I am the alpha and I need to take care of everyone in my pack," he said before standing up.

Ohh so I am just like any other one in his pack and here I thought he began to care about me and feel the mate bond.

"Sooooo I should get going," he said looking anywhere but me.

I just nodded feeling disappointed, but I was not about to beg him to stay when he clearly has other places to be. He went to open the door to find George about to knock the door.

"Alpha" he greeted Xavier who just glared at him and pumped his shoulder before walking to his car without saying anything to neither of us.

I sighed, "Come in" I told George before opening the door to let him in.

"Hey are you okay? I heard what happened and how you turned all ninja on the poor vampire," he said.

"Yep, but it still was not enough for Xavier to see me as strong" I said smiling sadly.

"Well, he will come around remember you are doing this for yourself and for your parents," he said patting my back.

We stayed talking until it was time for him to go and for me to go to my job, I went there and began my usual routine the only change was that Carlos didn't show up today, so I decided to call him to check on him after my shift ends.

My shift flew by quickly and now I was on my way home. So, I decided to call Carlos but he didn't pick up so I texted him if he is okay so he can see it when he is available.

I went home and slept but I had a restless night full of nightmares, I woke up sweating, trying to catch my breath. I decided to go to the kitchen to drink some water.

Walking to kitchen, I felt a sudden chill so I looked at my right to find the back door open and I could swear it was closed when I went to sleep before I know it, I was pushed to the ground. I turned back quickly to find red eyes flashing in the dark, I snarled at the vampire.

"You killed my brother and now I will kill you" he hissed at me; it was the same vampire that I knocked out at the forest this morning but how did he get away before I know it, he jumps at me.

We began fighting and ripping each other's, I don't know why but my wolf mind-linked Xavier on its own asking for help, but I didn't have the time to scowl at her before I find a chair flying my way, I barely had time to dodge it.

He jumped at me and tried to suffocate me with his hands, I tried trashing around trying to search for anything when I found the leg of the broken chair, I held it tightly between us before sticking it in his heart.

"VIOLETTT" came Xavier is booming voice.

I pushed the vampire off of me before trying to stand up but I fell again only to be caught my warm hands.

"Hey hey I am here you are okay" he held me.

I do not know why but I started crying in his embrace not caring if he saw me as a weak wolf, all the bent-up emotions came crashing at me all of a sudden.

"All of you get out" he said to whomever was in the room.

"Violet, can you stand up?" he asked, I pulled away from him nodding.

He pulled me up before carrying me towards the living room before he put me on the sofa and sat beside me.

I found Sam coming giving me a glass of water, he must have mind linked her to come in.

"Are you okay to tell us what happened?" he said softly.

I nodded and began telling them what exactly happened. After I told them everything there was a knock on the door and in cam the pack doctor with Jacob and Alex behind him.

"Violet the back doctor will check out you injures" he said while I nodded. Then all of them went out living me with the back doctor to check on my wounds.