PROLOGUE

「 ✦ prologue ✦」

「 ✦ prologue ✦」

THE HALLWAYS are always cleared out by 9pm, the un-familiar clear air is un-tangibely fresh unlike when it's crowded with icky-sticky students.

The only reason I'm out in this - for once - breathable air after 11pm was to get hot chocolate powder, we ran out and unfortunately we all are craving it, fortunately the cafe has a 'take what you need!' Cupboard with snacks and drink powders, only for when you're in need, normally the girls take stuff when they're on their period, but the boys will take it to watch stupid shit in the common rooms.

I swiftly rush to the cafe, it's dark and empty. I rush over to the cupboard and pull out a hot coco pack, close the cupboard doors and hurry back to my dorm where the rest of the girls are waiting for me.

'The hallway is cleared!' They said, 'Kiara it will be quick!' They said. I expected them to be correct, I never in a billion years expected Mr. Weldon to show up.

Mr. Weldon is a substitute teacher at Elway Elites aka our school. More like a male prostitute with the way he acts.

To put it simple, he is a pervert. And there isn't anything we can do about it because he's the principles cousin, and our principle; Mr. Wickton. Stays true to to his family, and to be honest, I'd respect that trait about him if we weren't in our current situation.

Not all the boys know about it, some do, but get a huge growling if they do anything about it, and the growling always has some words along the line of 'You just don't like him because his work is hard, you and the girls are doing this on purpose.' Mr Weldon's work isn't even that hard, but I bet he himself is.

"Kiara! What a pleasure to see you here." His old, gravel-like voice calls out to me and I quietly groan as I fake a smile and spin on my heel, and as fast as I spin around I flinch and jump back when I see how close the bitch is.

I despise him so much that It kinda hurts sometimes.

"Hello Mr. Weldon." I say in a 'i'm busy and need to hurry and go somewhere.' voice, hoping he got the memo, but unfortunately he doesn't. "Oh I just love these little braids." He reaches out and plays with one of my braids and I pull back, awkwardly laughing.

"Yeah ahah.. me too." I was rightfully feeling uncomfortable, but my older brother says I'm too nice, and I apparently don't speak up for myself? Okay yeah thats true but it's irrelevant information.

Bile rises up my throat at the smell of his stinky breath; that's how close he's standing infront of me. "Um, so I need to g-" I get cut off.

"We need to talk about your grades, sweetheart. They're dropping. You've been a bad girl." He purrs in a flirty tone and I literally almost throw up at what he had just called me.