Chapter 14

Y/n's POV:

Once my consciousness regained, I was met with the sanctuary of my bed and already tucked in. I cautiously sat up and cringed at the pain. It still hurts, but fortunately not as excruciating. The minutes dragged on while I perched there blankly and tried to process once more. Yeah, I passed out, I woke up then–

"Y/n, dinner's ready!"

Mum's sudden call jolted my nerves – now only realising how fret the incident left me...

Funny, after Todoroki aimed an ice-like blade at me, I instead get anxious by fainting instead of almost dying. Well, I'm more overwhelmed than anything. I slowly got up and faltered towards kitchen – wary of bumping into the walls. Just because I feel better doesn't mean I am better. The divine smell of dinner already hit my nose even before I entered the dining room. Dad was already perched at the head of the table while Mum was by his side, dishing up her own plate of beef stroganoff. Once my presence was acknowledged, Mum's smile radiances.

"Hey honey," she spoke gently. "How was you little nap?" Just to clarify, Mum and I did leave for the shops during the morning, came home early in the afternoon and...

That would mean I've been out cold for hours...

"Better than Dad's, likely," I joke, sitting down opposite of her. From my side, Dad snorts.

Mum's response was a stifled giggle. I grab my bowl and start to fill it with just a bit of food. If I could faint unexpectedly, then that goes the same with vomiting. I didn't really pay attention to Mum and dad's conversation, for I was too busy recalling the incident. Why did they...help me?

Were they worried?

No, of course not. They care of nothing other than themselves and whatever grants their benefits. The only good use from helping me is getting back to their universe. I guess I can't blame them for that...

"So, what was the girl's name?" I glimpse from my food, staring between my parents- expectantly waiting for my answer. My eyes turn to stone. "Mum, please don-"

"That's all I want to know, nothing else," she continued to persist. Personally, I wish she didn't find me at the bookstore. Her nagging was a child's cry for sweets. I sigh in defeat, rubbing the bridge of my nose. "Iris, her name is Iris," my gaze focused with Dad's before I continue, "she was the one I was talking to before you picked me up on Thursday."

"Aw, that's just a pretty name!" Mum spoke, "so what classes are you two in?"

"Hey, you said no more questions!" She builds up her response and repaired to argue, but a yelp caught her breath when a sudden boom caused us all to jolt. The bang was muffled, so it was unclear of its source – but my skin crawled, watching my parents' eye the basement. Just as I thought (and hoped) it would be ignored, Dad slowly got up from his seat. No no no, this can't be happening. Ideas and distractions began racing through my head faster than they could register. Dad was slowly making his way to the door, in hand a knife he scooped up from the table.

"Wait!"

Mum and Dad's attention dart to me while I sat there, bewildered by my own voice. I don't even have a plan! Shit, what do I do...

"Y/n-"

"That ladder in the basement – you know, it must've fallen over. Last time I went down there, I, um... almost knocked it over. I must've placed it on a wrong angle." For a split moment, Dad almost relaxed until they tense back up – skeptical by this lie. So, I pushed on. "Well, there is a lot of stuff in there, so the ladder could've knocked other things over too, right?"

"Hm...I suppose," Dad took his perch back at the head of the table. "We'll need to clean the basement out anyways, there's so much junk." I swear, sometimes I forget just how scary this man can be, without even trying. Dads being dads. During the rest of dinner, all my focus was changing the topic and talking about school, work and etc. No, I didn't even stop there. I helped Mum wash up, I spoke to Dad about this car I really wanted and at the end, we all watched a movie that brought back good memories. The night was delightful. Once I say goodnight to my parents – I felt...sad. Relieved that the basement wasn't brought up but sad that...we barely do these things together anymore. I miss those times...

After I get Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo back home, I want to restart and spend more time with my parents, and I'll be sure to cherish them.

The moment the lights turn off in their bedroom, I storm towards the basement. My fists bawl up and the familiar sound of my bones cracking resounded over and over again, a song that's been song one to many times. Did I knock? No. I barged through the door. How dumb can Bakugo be!? I do not care of whatever pissed him off this time, but blowing the place up while my parents are home?

All three of them were minding their own business until observing me. I guess I did make my presence notable. "So," I began, tapping my foot, "do you have any idea how-"

"How's your head?" I was engrossed with annoyance moments ago and it disappeared while registering Todoroki's question. I studied his face, searching some sort of malicious intent – only to be met with a soft face, one like it was deliberately painted. Reading his eyes, I'd never expected concern to bewitch them. Maybe it could be something else. "It's, um...it's fine, thanks," I mumbled, "wait...did you drag me to bed?" Amusement begins to flare his eyes, studying me. I awaited an answer but was met with silence – typical. "I had gone to the shower and found you lying there," Midoriya explained, crossing his arms, "are you sick or something?"

"Wha- no, no I shouldn't be." An exhausted sigh slips, and I rub the bridge of my nose while thinking. "I mean it was a little hot today, but heck, it wasn't enough to make me pass out. I'm hydrated so I don't kno–"

"Are you stressed?"

Not only was I easily surprised, but Todoroki and Deku weren't expecting Bakugo to intrude upon the conversation. Bakugo looked the least concerned about the issue but pressed on. "Anxiety can also make others feel faint and pass out. Did you idiots not know this?" My stomach sunk and my face hardens. "Really? Wow so cool, guess what? I don't care. Maybe the reason why I'm stressed is because you fuck-heads are pressuring me to get you home!" The tone in my voice was shakier than anticipated. Stress, huh? I suppose it really does explain a lot. Maybe I could be overthinking so much, wait, what if I'm overthinking about overthinking? Dammit, I'm not making any sense...

"Y/n..." I glimpse at Deku, praying that I wasn't readable. He certainly wasn't, and that's what's disturbing. "Just...try to take it easy. We want to get home, but we can't have you dying on us..."

I wondered if he was being sincere or snarky, but it didn't matter – I'm just glad he said that...a little.

"There're leftovers if you want any..." Without looking back, I hurriedly stride up the stairs and suppressed a smile. Just that amount of care wouldn't make me trust them...yet.

TO BE CONTINUED

______________________________