Karate Boy

When doctors informed the young Val Armorr that he would permanently remain fourteen years old due to a unique genetic mutation he was devastated

When doctors informed the young Val Armorr that he would permanently remain fourteen years old due to a unique genetic mutation he was devastated. In order to cope with the disappointment he threw himself headlong into the study of martial arts. Gifted with an effective albeit unique form of immortality Val Armorr mastered the martial arts to their highest level over the decades. Eventually achieving such a degree of mastery that he was sought out by the Legion of Superheroes. All seemed well for Karate Boy until an evil martial artist named the Black Dragon slew his entire team. When Karate Boy attempted confront the villain he defeated him saying sarcastically "you're one thousand years too early to face me." At that moment the leader of his team Braniac .5 used the last of his strength to send Karate Boy all the way back to the twenty-first century. Using the gift of his strange immortality coupled with his work brickleness Val Armorr plans to spend the next one thousand years training for the eventual confrontation between himself Black Dragon, and what better place to do that than the justice League.