Chapter Nine - Isn't this story too generous?

Eiran dived into the water without hesitation. I also wanted to help but I wasn't confident in my swimming skills.

I nervously waited at the bank until they showed up. He pulled her onto the ground, she was unconscious. He gave her first aid and after coughing up some water she fell into a peaceful sleep. At least it was what I was hoping for. It was a long and tiring day for her.

„We should take her home," Eiran said completely drenched. They should dry off as soon as possible. But making some fire and waiting for their clothes to dry take too much time. But getting out of this forest would be time-consuming too. I sighed.

„I don't know where she lives." That was the other problem.

„Then why are you with her?" He asked with a frown.

„I met her today and helped because she ran into some trouble. But other than the fact that her name is Persiana I don't know anything. Well, she is a noble but it doesn't help narrowing it down." I told him the truth in the end. I still didn't trust him completely but the way he jumped after her without hesitation softened my heart a little. He tried to hide it but he was trembling and I don't think it was because he was cold. Maybe he didn't really like going into the water but still did it to save her. I also had some aversion to the sea and the ocean but I tried little by little to overcome it.

„So you really not around from here." He looked at me thoughtfully, almost suspiciously. I guess we had mutual distrust.

„No, I am not. I just traveling around a bit." I couldn't look into his eyes, it was too intense. And beautiful.

„I am not sure I believe you but that aside... I know where she lives."

„You know?" I raised an eyebrow.

„I think it's weirder that you don't know the daughter of the lord of this land." What? Are you kidding me? Did you make it so easy for me? I wanted to get closer to this family in the hope they could introduce me to some good healer but... So Persiana is the sick daughter? She wanted that fruit desperately for herself so she and her family could live a normal, happy life without worries. Poor girl. I wish I could do something for her. „I can see you didn't know but it doesn't mean your intention was good."

„Knowing her real identity didn't make you seem trustworthy either." I gave her a similar look. „It could be that you deliberately approached her knowing it. „At this rate, we will be here forever. „I say let's call a truce for the time being."

„Okay, but one wrong move and I won't show mercy." Sorry, sorry I didn't mean to laugh. But looking back on it now it's so funny. Or rather ridiculous.

„Samet to you. I will keep my eyes on you." Considering the difference in our strength I would die which I can't allow but I couldn't just abandon Persiana.

He didn't react, he just picked her up and started to walk out of the forest.

„So what's your real reason for being here?"

„I was really asked to take care of the ogres. But it was actually Persiana's father, Liewell who hired me and it's pretty unnatural for them to be in this forest so I would investigate anyway.

„Why are you telling me this now?" I looked at him quizzically.

„I am not afraid of being honest with people who are weaker than me." That arrogance.... was infuriating. He had every reason and he didn't even look smug, it was just like him stating facts. He reminded me of another annoying person but I didn't want to think about that. „The only reason I didn't say anything before was Persiana. I didn't want to make her worry when she was already weak, but I could handle you if you proved to be a threat. You saw me fight and probably figured out what am I." He looked over me slowly. „You may be a good swordsman but you don't have a chance." He was right and it was pissing me off.