𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Well, Mr

    "Well, Mr. Orion, you're off the hook for now" the judge declared, banging her gavel. "But bring me some real evidence next time," she admonished the prosecutor, casting a sly smile in Robyn's direction for beating her trial.

     As Robyn and Psalm exited the courtroom, they were mobbed by paparazzi and fans. Psalm's hand grazed Robyn's waist, making her tense up slightly.

   A reporter thrust a microphone in Psalm's face, asking "Psalm Orion, how have these allegations affected your life?"

      Robyn intervened, answering on Psalm's behalf. "My client won't be commenting on anything related to his case. Thank you." She then made her way to the car, which Psalm opened for her before closing it once she was inside. He then headed towards his vehicle.

       As the car pulled out of the parking lot, trying to manage to get out with all the fans and paparazzi around it, Robyn's Uber driver commented, "Wow, people must love this Psalm Orion guy"

      Robyn chuckled and replied, "Some love him, some hate him. I guess you could say it's a little bit of both." She checked her phone and added "And it seems they feel the same way about me since I took on the case."

      The driver pressed on "So, you don't believe he did it, do you?" Robyn lifted her head and responded "Well, sir, I'd say it's a little in between. I'm trying my best to defend him and prove his innocence, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

   She went back to her phone. She still had some work to do, but so far, everything was looking good. There was nothing that really said psalm was guilty.

    Robyn sat at the table, enjoying the steak her mother had prepared for dinner

    Robyn sat at the table, enjoying the steak her mother had prepared for dinner. As she cut into her meat, her mother coughed and said "I saw you on the news today with that man, Psalm." Her mother's tone was curious, asking "How's the case going?"

   Robyn replied, "The case is going well, mom. But why are you asking? You never show interest in my cases." Robyn's eyes met her mother's, and her mom responded with a nonchalant shrug, "Oh, no reason, he's just a handsome-looking brother."

  Robyn knew exactly where this was headed and interjected "No...no...no, Mom!" But her mom continued "What? I just want to see my daughter happy. Maybe you should try talking to him. You're lonely; you could use some company."

"Are you serious right now?" She smiled, glancing over at Jacobi and Mehaki, who were engrossed in their electronics, oblivious to the conversation.

  "I am happy, work is my happiness" Robyn emphasized. "What's up with all of y'all wanting me to find a man?" she asked, referencing Derrick and now her mother.

    Her mom scoffed "Can you blame us? And girl, work ain't gonna pleasure you, but that man will." Robyn's mom took another bite of her steak, holding her fork up as if she was making a point.

"Mom, one, Psalm is my client, and he's accused of murder. That's not a good look for me" Robyn began.

    Her mom cut her off, holding her fork up, "That's your problem, always worried about what other people think. How about what you think? And remember, he's accused, it hasn't been confirmed that he did it."

   Robyn knew her mother was right, but she just didn't know. She knew she found Psalm attractive, but if it weren't for the current circumstances, she probably would have considered talking to him.

"You might be right, but I don't know" Robyn said uncertainly.

   Her mom responded with a playful tone "Oh, you'll know, and if not him, then find somebody else, girl! Go get you some dick or something damn" making Robyn laugh as Jacobi looked up from his tablet, seemingly confused about the conversation.

"Jacobi, boy, pay attention to whatever is on your tablet," her mom said, shooing her grandson back to his activities, allowing Robyn and her mom to continue their conversation in peace.