𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

After closing the car door, Robyn juggled the balloons in one hand and the cake in the other

      After closing the car door, Robyn juggled the balloons in one hand and the cake in the other. It was her son Jacobi's birthday. making her way toward the benches.

     She noticed that presents were already arranged on one bench, so she headed towards the other bench to set down the cake. As she approached, her eyes landed on another cake that was already sitting on the table.

      Robyn's face contorted in disgust as she gazed at the cake. Just then, her mother approached, saying, "About time, where's the ice cream?" She scanned the area, but there was no ice cream in sight.

   "Fuck that, who brought this shit?" Robyn asked, her annoyance evident as she gestured towards the cake.

         Robyn's mom glanced over at her and said, "Now you know Mia brought that cake." The mention of Mia's name instantly triggered Robyn's frustration, and she blurted out "I'm getting so tired of this shit, momma" Robyn stormed over to Mia, who was sitting next to Derrick.

"Why did you bring a cake?" Robyn asked, standing in front of Mia and Derek. Mia remained silent, while Derek intervened, "What's wrong now Robyn she can't bring a cake?"

    Robyn shot him an annoyed look "No, Derek, she can't bring a fucking cake! I already bought one!"

     Mia chimed in, "Well, then Jacobi can just have two cakes" But Robyn was unyielding "Stop it, Mia. Whatever you're doing, just stop! These are my children, not yours Don't buy my son no damn cake"

     Mia's smile faltered, and she looked taken aback by Robyn's firm stance. "I was just trying to be nice, Robyn. I didn't mean to cause any trouble," she said, her voice laced with a hint of defensiveness.

      But Robyn was unmoved. "Being nice? Really, Mia? Do you think buying a cake for my son without my permission is nice? You're always doing things like this, trying to insert yourself into our lives. Jacobi is my son, it's not up to you to buy him anything"

     Robyn ended the conversation abruptly and muttered under her breath as she walked away "Gonna buy my child a damn cake? The hell is that? My son doesn't even fucking watch Paw Patrol "

     She returned to the table, fussing with the decorations while her mom asked, "How'd it go over there?" while snacking on some hot dogs.

      Robyn sighed, "I hate how Derrick lets her overstep her boundaries. Everything I do, she tries to do better, Mom." Robyn continued to set out plates while venting.

"I pushed these kids out by myself, I didn't ask for her help with them. These are my damn kids!"

"I understand, honey. You're a great mom, and everyone knows that. I do agree that Mia needs to ease off a little bit and see where you are coming from." Her mom said, patting her back, making Robyn smile slightly.

    "Thanks, Mom." Her mom replied with a chuckle, "Don't thank me, that's what I'm here for!" while taking a bite of her hot dog.

    As Robyn held Jacobi in her arms, Mehkai stood by her side and Derrick stood on her other side, everyone gathered around the table to sing "Happy Birthday" to Jacobi

Robyn watched as Jacobi made a wish, and then she playfully rubbed a small piece of cake on his nose, causing him to laugh. "Mommy" In return, Jacobi took a piece of cake and rubbed it on Robyn's face, covering her in frosting and making everyone laugh.

   "Okay, boy, I didn't tell you to do all that!" Robyn said with a chuckle, setting Jacobi down and cutting him a slice of cake, as well as

      After cutting a slice of cake for herself, Robyn made her way over to a bench beside her sons and sat down with them. "Boy, you need a haircut. All this hair!" she exclaimed, playfully tousling Mehkai's curls.

"Your hair is growing so fast, we need to get the sides shaved soon" Mehkai looked up at his mom with curiosity and asked "You think I could get braids when I go to get my side shaved?"

  Robyn nodded her head, a warm smile spreading across her face. "Of course, What made you want to get braids, though?" she asked, she knew her son didn't like anybody touching his hair.

      Mehkai grinned and said, "Layla said I'd look good with braids" Robyn chuckled, knowing that Layla was Mehkai's crush, and replied, "Oh, okay, boy! Braids it is, then!"

     She then turned her attention to Jacobi, who had cake smeared all over his mouth, and playfully declared, "All that sugar? I know who's not going to bed tonight" Robyn said with a laugh, gently wiping the frosting from Jacobi's face.

"I want more! Can I have some more?" Jacobi asked. Robyn hesitated, knowing that if he had more cake, it would make bedtime even more challenging.

    But, it was his birthday, and she couldn't resist his request. "Go ahead, Jacobi" she said with a smile, and he eagerly ran to grab himself another slice of cake.

    As the evening wore on, Robyn's mom and Derrick helped her load Jacobi's presents into the car. She planned to save the unwrapping for later when Jacobi woke up.

    But to her surprise, despite consuming a large amount of cake, Jacobi drifted off to sleep in her arms.

     Derrick closed the trunk and leaned over to kiss Jacobi's forehead, whispering "Tell him I love him." Robyn nodded in agreement.

    Mehkai then approached her, and she hugged him tightly, kissing his forehead and whispering "I love you." Mehkai replied "I love you too, Mom," before leaving with his father, leaving Robyn with only Jacobi for the night.

𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara