𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Robyn perched on the counter beside Mehkai, guiding him through his math homework with a patient smile

       Robyn perched on the counter beside Mehkai, guiding him through his math homework with a patient smile. She delighted in his requests for help, recalling her struggles with math as a student.

    "Now, all you need to do is plot the points" she explained. As a math-challenged kid herself, Robyn understood Mehkai's struggles and was determined to help him grasp the concept.

    Mehkai's eyes widened as Robyn expertly plotted the points on the graph paper, her hand moving confidently across the page. "See, it's like connecting the dots" she said.

   Mehkai nodded, his brow furrowing in concentration as he tried to mimic Robyn's movements.

    Together, they worked through the problems, Robyn offering guidance and support. As they finished up the last problem, Mehkai looked up at Robyn with a grin. "Thanks, Mom, I get it now!" he exclaimed, his face lighting up with understanding.

   Mehkai got up and put his homework in his backpack. Robyn took a couple of long sips from the freshly fixed orange juice on the counter, then checked the time on her watch.

   She knew she had to get the kids to school soon, as she had to be at Psalm's trial a few hours later. The trial would determine how many years he would be sentenced to.

   "Jacobi, turn off the TV, sweetie, we need to head out" Robyn said to her son, who was preoccupied in an episode of Ninja Turtles on the couch.

   "Aww, Mommy, it was just getting to the good part!" Jacobi complained, but he reluctantly turned off the TV, grabbed his backpack, and followed Robyn and Mehkai out the door

   "Ninja Turtles will always be here, baby; you can finish watching it when you get home from school, okay?" Robyn told him.

   With a sigh, Jacobi replied, "Okay, Mommy." Robyn then gathered her keys and purse and led the kids to the car, ready to head off to school.

     When they arrived at the school, Robyn dropped Mehkai off at his designated area. He had asked her to walk with him, but not to his classroom.

   "Okay, boy, I'll get out of your hair" Robyn said with a chuckle, noticing Mehkai's slight embarrassment.

    She kissed him on the cheek and said "I love you." Mehkai responded with a sweet "I love you too, Mom" before heading into the school building, his backpack bouncing behind him.

      Next, Robyn took Jacobi to his classroom, as he wanted. Holding his hand, she walked him down a few hallways, away from Mehkai's classroom.

   As soon as they arrived, Jacobi eagerly placed his things in his locker and then ran back to his mom, his lips pouted. "I wish you could stay, Mommy" he said sweetly.

   Robyn chuckled and replied, "I wish I could too, but Mommy has work, and parents aren't allowed to stay at school."

Jacobi laughed, and Robyn kissed his hair, hugging him tightly. "I love you, baby. Have a great day," she said.

    Jacobi nodded with a smile, saying, "I will! I love you too, Mommy. Have a good day at work." Robyn's heart melted at his words, and she said her final goodbyes before they went their separate ways.

" Robyn's heart melted at his words, and she said her final goodbyes before they went their separate ways

      The judge began, "Psalm, we had previously agreed to consider your case as self-defense. However, after careful deliberation, I have reached a decision."

    Lowering her glasses, she read from the paper, "Psalm, you have admitted to committing the crime of killing Aaliyah Parker. Therefore, I hereby sentence you to eight years in prison."

"And I suggest you seek counseling," the judge said, her words hanging in the air like a weight. Psalm stood, his eyes looking back at Robyn, as she looked back at him with a hint of distress.

    Eight years was a long time, but they both knew he had to serve his sentence. The police approached handcuffs clicking into place behind his back.

     As Psalm passed by Robyn, she reached out, her hands tracing his face, her eyes welling up with tears. 

    Robyn mouthed the words "I love you," her heart aching with the admission. She didn't know she would fall for him, not like this.  Psalm's eyes widened in surprise before he smiled softly and replied "I love you too, Robyn. I'm sorry." The police then led him away, leaving Robyn alone in the courtroom.

      As she exited the courtroom, the reality of the situation finally sank in that the case was closed.  Robyn couldn't believe she had developed feelings for him, but the truth was undeniable.

     She slipped on her sunglasses, hoping to shield herself from the awaiting paparazzi and the glaring scrutiny of the public eye.

     The reporters shouted questions as she made her way through the courthouse doors, but Robyn kept her head held high, her emotions locked away behind her dark glasses.

     As she forcefully made her way through the reporters. Robyn deliberately lowered her head, attempting to avoid being bombarded with questions.

    One reporter shouted out, "Ms. Domango, can you comment on your relationship with Psalm?" Another chimed in, "We noticed you two seemed quite close in there" but Robyn ignored them, refusing to acknowledge their queries. She kept her eyes cast downward.

       Finally reaching the safety of her car, Robyn collapsed into the passenger seat.

    She gazed out the window as the reporters continued to swarm. As she pulled the car away from the curb, Robyn closed her eyes and let the tears she had been holding back finally fall.