𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

As Robyn  rubbed the sleep from her eyes, she was met with the cheerful faces of her mother, Mehkai, and Jacobi, all holding a small cake and singing "Happy Birthday" 

          As Robyn rubbed the sleep from her eyes, she was met with the cheerful faces of her mother, Mehkai, and Jacobi, all holding a small cake and singing "Happy Birthday" 

   "Happy birthday to you!" they chimed, with Jacobi eagerly adding, "Make a wish, Mommy!" As they all looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to blow out the candles, she placed a hand over her heart, feeling touched and grateful as she blew out her candles she made a wish. 

    With a warm smile and tears welling up in her eyes, she looked at her family and said "Thank you, guys." Mehkai then handed her a box, and as she opened it, tears instantly filled her eyes.

   Inside was a beautifully framed picture of her and her boys, taken when they were just a little younger - Jacobi was only 2, and Mehkai was 7 at the time.

"This is beautiful, Mehkai!" she said, giving him a big hug and playfully messing with the curls in his hair.

    "Look at mine, Mommy!" Jacobi exclaimed, handing her a gift card to Chick-fil-A, which made Robyn laugh.

   "Boy, really?" she said, holding up the card and feigning disbelief. "I just know you told him to get me this" she teased her mom, who nodded in confirmation. "Yes, indeed I did, girl. You go there almost every damn day!"

"Oh, Mom" Robyn playfully rolled her eyes. "You know I love my Chick-fil-A. But seriously, thank you, Jacobi. This is so sweet of you." She gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

   "I'm going to enjoy every single chicken sandwich and waffle fry with a side of sweet tea, thanks to you"

    Robyn's mom looked at her with a warm smile. "Happy birthday, and now my gift to you is getting these kids out of your hair"

    She turned to the children "Alright, boys , go put your shoes on" They obediently left the room, leaving Robyn and her mom alone.

   "Aww, thank you, Mom" Robyn exclaimed, reaching out for a hug. "Thank you for taking the kids to school.."

    Her mom radiated joy "im keeping them overnight too, You deserve to have some time to yourself this is your special day, enjoy it"

     Robyn nodded as she rose from her bed, feeling a sense of accomplishment wash over her. Today she turned 27 years old, and she never thought she'd be this successful.

    Yet, here she was, loving the life she'd built. With a contented sigh, she began her morning routine, laying her work clothes out. Getting read for the day.