𝐭𝐞𝐧

The next morning, Robyn emerged from Psalm's room, looking a bit disheveled in an oversized shirt and basketball shorts, her hair messed up

    She plopped down at the kitchen counter. "Look who's finally up" he said with a chuckle. Robyn playfully tried to hide her face, like a child caught doing something naughty.

   "What's cooking?" she asked, peeking over at Psalm as he expertly flipped pancakes and eggs on the griddle. "Just a little breakfast, some pancakes, eggs, and bacon" he replied, sliding a plate that was already done in front of her. He then slides her a glass of orange juice.

    Robyn took a bite of the food and teased, "Hmm, not bad for a man" Psalm laughed and joked, "Shit, I try!"

  Robyn asked, taking a sip of orange juice and looking directly at him, "Do you always cook for women?"

Psalm shook his head and said honestly, "Nah, this is my first time cooking for a woman."  Robyn was shocked and asked curiously, "So you never cooked for Aaliyah before?"

   Psalm replied quietly "Nah, never. Aaliyah wouldn't have appreciated this." 

   Robyn had a feeling that he didn't want to talk about his ex-girlfriend Aaliyah by the tone of his voice,  the mention of her name seemed to cast a shadow over the intimate moment.

    With these words hanging in the air, Robyn fell into a momentary silence, her mind drifting back to the events of the previous night.

    She recalled the intimacy they had shared, the unique connection that had blossomed between them.

   Taking a deep, steadying breath, she finally voiced her thoughts. "And... I also have never had a man make love to me the way you made love to me," she confessed, her words causing a flurry of butterflies to take flight in her stomach. She could still feel the rush of emotions just thinking about it.

    The sensations Psalm evoked within her were an indescribable whirl of emotions, a profound feeling that even Derrick, in their time together, had been unable to kindle in her.

   There was something inexplicably unique about the way Psalm admired her, the way he looked at her, the way he touched her.

   He took his time, exploring her form treating her body as if it were a precious prize to be cherished and adored. He made her feel valued, desired and loved in a way she had never experienced before.

Psalm moved towards her, his steps slow and measured. He reached out, placing his hand gently on her chin, lifting her face to meet his.

   As he looked into her eyes, a soft smile played on his lips. "I'm glad I could make you feel that way" Psalm said, his voice low but filled with sincerity.

    "You deserve to feel that way," he added, his fingers tracing a gentle caress along her cheek, a touch that sent a flurry of butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

    His lips met hers in a tender kiss, his teeth tugging lightly on her lower lip. He was reluctant to pull away. And she felt the same; she didn't want this moment to end, didn't want to break away from the warm bubble they were in. But eventually, they had to part.

     As they pulled away, Psalm's smile returned. "Oh... Yeah, I made you something," he said. He moved away from her, walking over to a box that was filled with various CDs. His fingers sifted through them, searching for the right one to present to her.

    Finding what he was looking for, he pulled out a CD, holding it out to her. "I made a mixtape for you," he said, handing it over to her. "I hope you like it."

    She gazed at the CD, admiring the cover adorned with pictures he had taken of her. The title, "Damongo" echoed her last name, a thoughtful touch that brought a gentle smile to her face.

   "A mixtape, what did I do to deserve this?" she asked, her voice brimming with curiosity.

     She flipped the CD over to examine the handwritten tracklist, a diverse selection of songs from Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Jodeci, and a hint of Tupac.

   Her smile deepened as she looked up at him. "You always create these?" she asked, and he nodded, his eyes locked on hers. "Yeah, but I only share them with special people"

   Robyn's face lit up with a deep smile as she thought to herself. No one had ever taken the time to create a tracklist for her before, let alone make her something so personal.

   She was grateful. She pulled him close and showered him with a few more kisses on his lips. "Well, I'm honored," she said, before getting up to gather her things from his room.

    As she changed out of the shorts and t-shirt she had been wearing, Psalm watched her from the doorway, his eyes fixed on her every move. "What?" she asked, catching him staring, and he replied, "Nothing, you're just beautiful, that's all."

     She chuckles, approaching him with her phone in hand, "I know you told me that already" she teases. He playfully follows her out the door, repeating "And I'll keep telling you again, and again" as he gently takes hold of her waist, turning her to face him.

   With a mock-pleading expression, he gazes up at her with sad eyes, like a big baby "You leaving?" His hand grips her waist tightly, as if to hold her back. She nods, her eyes locked on his, "Mhm, I gotta go," she replies.

"I'm not ready for all of this to leave me just yet," he said, his eyes fixed on her curves, which made her laugh.

   "Psalm, stop playing around, I have to go," she said, glancing at her phone to check the time, knowing she had to pick up her kids from her mom's.

   "Alright, but before you go, kiss me," he said, pulling her waist towards him. Their lips met in a slow, sensual kiss, their tongues moving in a gentle, fluid motion.

  He then bit her lip, eliciting a soft moan, before she pulled away, smiling. "Okay, sir, that's enough, let me go," she said, teasingly. He laughed, his thumb tracing his lip as he watched Robyn head towards the door.