𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Hot Girl" by Megan Thee Stallion blared through Robyn's headphones as she continued her run, soaking up the sunshine and relishing the peace without her kids in sight

    The lyrics pulsed through her ears, fueling her strides. "I'm a hot girl, I do hot shit." But just as she hit her stride, her phone began to buzz with an incoming call.

    Again and again, she declined the call, unwilling to let anything interrupt her me-time and the thrill of her run.

    The call persisted, its incessant ringing forcing Robyn to come to a halt, panting and out of breath. With an exasperated "What?" she finally answered, not even bothering to check who was on the other end of the line.

"Robyn, I need you right now!" Psalm urges into the phone, his voice laced with panic.

    Robyn rolls her eyes, still trying to catch her breath from her run. "Psalm, I can't right now, I'm in the middle of a workout" she responds dismissively.

     But Psalm's tone shifts to one of grave seriousness. "No, Robyn, I need you now! Look at the link I just sent you" he implores, his voice trembling with urgency.

     Robyn paused, taking a glance at her phone and clicking on the link Psalm had sent her. The link opened to an article featuring a video of the famous professional football player in a heated altercation with his girlfriend, Aaliyah.

    The video showed Aaliyah repeatedly hitting and punching the player, who appeared to be trying to defend himself.

     However, the situation escalated, and the player's fists connected with Aaliyah's jaw. The video shows Aaliyah in tears and Psalm visibly agitated as they get into a car and drive away.

    The video had already racked up an astonishing million views, it spread like wildfire across the internet.

"Psalm, what the fuck?!" Robyn exclaimed, her disbelief and anger echoing through the phone line as she clicked off the link.

    Psalm's voice was defensive on the other end "I know, Robyn, it's not what it looks like" But Robyn was inconsolable, her mind reeling from the video's disturbing content.

"I'm coming to your place now, we need to talk" she declared, her frustration palpable, before hanging up and heading towards her car.

    Getting into her car her mind raced with thoughts, why would someone release that video now?

        Robyn held the phone up, forcing Psalm to watch the video again and again, her disbelief and anger evident

     She couldn't comprehend how he had lied to her, downplaying the altercation as simply an argument when, in reality, the video showed them physically confronting each other.

    The gravity of the situation was dire, as Psalm was already accused of killing Aaliyah, and this video's release to the public would only serve to implicate him further, making it difficult to discern the truth about Aaliyah's death.

"Psalm you know what this looks like right" she says putting the phone down as Psalm said getting annoyed at the fact she kept showing the video to him "Yes Robyn damn"

     Robyn crossed her arms, her voice rising in anger and confusion. "Psalm, you better start talking right now. Did you kill that damn girl?" she demanded.

    Psalm sat in silence, offering no response. "Answer me, Psalm! Because right now, it's not looking good for you" Robyn warned, referencing the incriminating video.

    Psalm rubbed his temples, sighing heavily. "I didn't mean to, Robyn. It was an accident.

   Robyn turned to him with anger and hurt in her eyes. "An accident? Psalm, how the hell is killing someone an accident?" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with emotion.

     Psalm's head hung low in shame, his voice trembling with anger and hurt as he tried to explain.

    "You don't understand, Robyn. You weren't fucking  there. She was going to kill me, either way someone was going to die." Robyn's face softened slightly as she listened to Psalm's words, but her anger still lingered.

"How, Psalm? Tell me right now. Because right now, you're a murderer, and that's what the world sees you as. They could bury you in jail with this information, and everything you've worked for will be gone."

       Robyn's anger wasn't primarily about the killing itself, but rather about Psalm's dishonesty regarding it.

    She sensed that there was something he wasn't revealing, something he was holding back and that intuition fueled her frustration. The fact that he lied to her, was what truly hurt and betrayed her trust.

   "Psalm, you'd better start talking now!" she yelled again, her eyes fixed on him as she offered him a chance to explain himself, to tell his story the right way, and to finally come clean about the truth.