chapter one ; renegade

"you fire off missiles cause you hate yourself, but do you know you're demolishing me?" renegade ; taylor swift & big red machine

eveyln

Today was the remarkable day that I was either going to get casted or rejected from the role of Nova in Zombies 4. I was beyond incredibly nervous, because I did get this role, it was one step closer to the role of Rapunzel that I so desperately wanted. If I didn't, then... well, I was back to the start.

"Have you heard yet?" Dylan popped his head into my room. I looked up at the boy and shook my head.

"No. I have a zoom meeting in like two minutes though." I told him. My twin brother laughed.

"Well in that case, congratulations." He said, entering my room and sitting down on my bed. I watched him from my position sitting at my desk.

"What?" I questioned him for clarification. He merely chuckled.

"Evy, they don't have zoom meetings with people they're going to reject from roles. They're obviously calling you to tell you that you've booked it." Dylan explained to me as if it was the most blatantly clear thing. I scoffed at him.

"You don't know that. Please don't get my hopes up." I scolded him, as he shrugged and leaned against my headboard.

"Hey, by the way, I was talking to Malachi the other day, and... what happened between you two?" Dylan inquired. I rolled my eyes, immediately uncomfortable.

"I don't know. You'll have to ask him." I responded, crossing my arms stiffly across my torso, avoiding eye contact with him. Dylan always did this thing where he knew exactly what I was thinking, just by looking me in the eyes. Twin telepathy, I guess you could call it.

"Don't give me that, Ev. Can you just tell me? He's one of my best friends, but you're my sister. I wanna know why, after your first interaction, you guys hate each other." He pleaded with me. I sighed, pissed off that we had to talk about this.

"I genuinely don't know, Dyl. He had a go at me for no fucking reason at his birthday party while we were playing truth or dare. He called me a princess and was making fun of me in front of the group. So I called him a cunt and left." I explained to him. My brother stared at me, stunned.

"What?" He gasped, sitting up. I thinned my lips and nodded, slowly. "Are you joking? What the fuck."

I huffed in confusion. "I know. He's a loser, honestly. Who does that to someone they barely know? And I don't think that what I did was naïve." I chewed on my lip, thinking about the stupid mole of a boy. God, to think I had a thing for him initially made me want to annihilate myself.

"He's a little bitch, honestly. I know he's my friend and all, but saying that shit to you? I'm gonna slam his head into a wall." Dylan breathed heavily out of anger. "His girlfriend just broke up with him though. Serves him right, if that's how he treats people."

"Don't worry about it, Dyl. Ariana's pissed, she's already had a go at him. Don't waste your breath." I tried to call the boy, but I knew that no matter what I said to him, he would still do whatever he wanted.

"Whatever. I'll deal with it." He dismissed my words, like I knew he would. I merely inhaled sharply and turned back to my computer screen.  It was time. I prepared a smile before I pressed join meeting.