IV. Dress Shopping

"AND WHAT'S A GOOD OUTFIT for when you meet the new Vampire family-"

Lyra was cut off by Thea who, again she shared a room with so no getting away from her, "that your new bloodsucker boyfriend belongs to?"

"Dude," Lyra got upset, "what is your problem with Jasper?"

"He's a creepy Vampire that wants to be all up in your business," Thea defends, "someone has to step up for, well, you're business?"

Lyra laughs at that, "okay, fuck off, I was trying to be mad at you!" She jokes as Thea laughs too, "we don't know what Jasper's deal is... I guess I'll find out later."

"I guess so."

AFTER LOOKING FOR AN OUTFIT Lyra was ready to talk to Scarlett before bed.

Scarlett waited in her study where she read up on some old grimoires when the young witch entered the room, "Scarlett, am I... Interrupting?"

"Never, I was just doing some light reading," Scarlett explains, "it helps clear the mind. You should try it."

Lyra glances at the grimoires thinking of the dark magic one she found... But still she doesn't tell Scarlett.

"I'm here about earlier, what you said about Jasper?" Lyra asked.

Scarlett nods, "right..." She sighs standing, "have you ever heard of mates for Vampires?"

"I just found out Vampires existed, Scar," she points out.

"Good point, well in every lore of a species they are known as different things: Witches are called Soulmates, Werewolves imprint, and Vampires have Mates," Scarlett explains.

Lyra blinks, is she saying... That her soulmate is a Vampire? Not just any vampire but the one that's been making her feel this way... "I guess I should've put those two together, mates... Soulmates..." She shook her head dismissively.

Scarlett could see through her as she touched her arm, "are you okay?"

"I never gave much thought to my Soulmate, you know that, you've raised me since I was twelve... But god, did I think for a second it was a creature I had no idea existed?" Lyra asked shaking her head.

Scarlett nods, "life isn't always the easiest... But you still have a choice."

"I do?"

"You don't have to be with Jasper if you don't want to be, and if he's a good person like Carlisle... Then he'll respect that," Scarlett told her, "you could bond like this again. It'd take time. But your spirit can and would connect to another person."

"Scar..."

"Yeah, honey?"

"I think I like Jasper."

Scarlett smiles, "that's alright too."

LYRA

Jazz, I know you're a hundred-and-something-year-old vampire and all but I thiiiink you could send me a text letting me know if your alright, I mean Thea's energy blasts are no fun trust me

JASPER

I'm surprised you still wish to speak with me.

LYRA

Why wouldn't I? It was Thea's fault, Jasper, you'll come to realize she can be a major bitch

JASPER

Yet she seems like your close friend?