XVIII. Meeting The Volturi

"XAVIER, BRO, JUST HIT THE BALL!" Emmett told his friend.

Xavier shrugs, "what if I like set it on fire or break it or something?"

"I mean you are the strongest person in the house right now, so, the probability is not low," Edward comments.

"Thanks," Xavier mutters.

"Hey, just focus on your strength," Esme advised.

Xavier nods as Alice begins to throw the ball, just the lightning strikes, Xavier watches it in slow motion before he hits it with almost all of his strength making the ball go flying very fast in the other direction.

Edward looked in it's direction and took off after it.

"Run! Run!"

Xavier panics as sped to a home run.

Edward was there in a millisecond after, "okay we get it, Xavier, you're fast."

"Fast enough to take you on," Xavier jokes.

Edward laughs, "we'll see."

It was Jasper's turn as he hit the ball very hard with a strong arm and Lyra kind of just watched. 

When Jade walked up to her, "I mean I see the appeal," she commented making Lyra stiffen, "he's very... Lovely," she tilted her head at Lyra, "how did you two meet?"

"School."

"Odd, why would a 100-year-old vampire want to go to highschool?" 

Lyra was losing her patience as she turned swiftly to Jade, "what are you getting at?"

"You don't seem like you're the best witch that you can be," Jade explains.

Lyra realizes the vision as she shakes her head, "at this point, I'd rather be human," she whispers.

"Now that would be a waste of talent," Jade says.

That's when it was time to switch as Jade took Jasper's spot and Lyra took Alice's...

It was time to throw the ball... But she was upset, something was annoying her about Jade, she wasn't sure what... And it wasn't like her to be like this. Is this Thea? She looked at Jade's smirk as she tightened her hold on the ball.

"Lyra-"

Edward tried to stop it but Lyra threw the ball with full energy at the witch!

The ball was going so fast that it broke the bat and hit her arm!

She cries out falling back!

The vampires looked over.

Xavier's head snapped in her direction smelling it...

There were splinters of the bat in her arm, making her bleed, she looked up as Lili dropped her bat and got in front of her sister!

Xavier immediately begins to run at them as Emmett and Jasper try to grab him but he avoids both their grips!

Sam pushes Niko behind him as he feels the need to shift to protect the mortals. But knew that would break the treaty.

Jasper got close but Xavier whispered a spell and Jasper hit the ground and was stuck!

Esme, Rosalie, and Alice ran over as they were able to grab him and hold him back.

"Don't! No one fucking comes near my sister," Lili warns with a look of threat.

Lyra wasn't reacting well, she had dropped the mitten and held her head, it was screaming so loud.

"I'll get her to a hospital," Ariana runs over, "I am a teleporter, I can do it," she tells her.