XIII. A Master Of The Dark Arts

LYRA PACED.

"What if only dark magic can trace her?" Lyra asked.

Carlisle shrugged, "it's possible but I wouldn't count on it. This level of dark magic is so much different than what any of us are used to... I've only heard legends of what she did in that room. It's almost as if the dark magic and her energy manipulation collided."

"She wanted to turn Jasper to dust.." Lyra says as he looks at her, "I know that spell she was about to do... It was the one that saved my life."

Xavier walked in as Edward and Emmett followed him.

"Carlisle," Edward announced to them, "we tried to get him to wait but he was insistent on seeing you."

"Or he'd quote set us on fire," Emmett laughs nervously.

Edward nods, "he's still thinking it."

"Xavier," Lyra walked forward, "what are you doing out of the house?"

"You mean the house without any windows and has major damage from a dark energy blast? Ha, bitch, you funny," Xavier laughs.

"Eds, what is he doing here?" Lyra didn't have time to waste if they were going to help Thea and the people of Forks.

Edward looked at Xavier and read his mind, "he wants to help us if it comes to a fight."

"It's not coming to a fight," Lyra shook her head.

Carlisle agreed with her, "Thea is lost. We can help her."

"That darkness did something to her, yes, but it only added onto to already existing darkness," Xavier explained, "I know Thea, I grew up with her, we all did. Lyra, tell me, that you never once thought Thea would hurt someone."

Lyra sighs, "yeah, there were instances..."

"Carlisle," Edward steps up, "Thea is dangerous, she's posing a threat to us as a whole, if the Volturi finds out we've been harboring Witches-"

"Wait is that-" Xavier looked at Lyra, "is that illegal or something?"

"Then we find her and lock her up," Carlisle decides, the other witches in the room look at him in shock, "do the same thing that we did for Lyra but for Thea and probably a hundred times harder."

"Sounds like this one's gonna be a challenge," Emmett laughs.

That's when Alice, Rosalie, and Jasper all got back from tracking Thea's scent.

"I lost her in the woods," Jasper tells them, "it was possibly a spell."

"It was definitely a spell," comments Rosalie.

Alice stares at nothing as Ariana notices, carefully standing whilst Esme helps her stand straight, "hey, what are you seeing?"

Alice shook her head, "Thea... Thea is going to turn out good... I saw her future. It was good and full of hope," she smiled a bit in relief.

Lyra takes a sigh of relief.

"What? We just allow her to continue killing innocent people in our town?" Edward asked.

Rosalie nods, "which is something that would implicate all of us!"

Alice held Ariana's hand, knowing she was worried for Thea, no matter their problems... They were family.

Lyra shook her head, "Thea has to be still in there if she has a good future," she argues.

Jasper sped over and held her close, "we can try to help her but if she tries to hurt you."