XIX. Confessions

THE OTHERS HAD CAME BACK.

Lyra was cooking, which is a rare sight, but someone had to since every mortal was hungry.

Ariana paced, "that fucker was creepy, like mega creep vibes," she said talking about Aro.

Xavier tries to wash the blood off of his shirt, "I know right? Like, don't touch me."

Carlisle and Esme assist Lyra in the kitchen.

Carlisle does notice the way she chops is just like how Thea would...

But he didn't mention it.

"It's his gift, bro," Emmett told him.

"No shit."

Alice enters the room through the window with Jasper in tow, they had just gone hunting, she jumps down and kisses Ariana's face.

Jasper goes over to Lyra wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek.

"Speaking of," Carlisle grabs Lyra's wrist and gently lifts her arm, "what is that?" He asked fixated on her engagement ring.

"Um..."

"Jasper?" Esme asked looking at it as well, "is that not your mother's ring?"

Carlisle looks at him.

Alice smiles as Ariana smirks.

Scarlett walks over, "what now?" She looks down at it, "Lyra, tell us what that is immediately."

"...It's a ring?" Lyra snarkily says.

Xavier laughs in the background.

"I proposed to Lyra," Jasper saves her the stress, "I've actually been proposing many times but this is the first official yes."

"You never told me that!"

"You're too young!"

"You are only seventeen, Lyra," Carlisle reminds her, "are you two certain you're not rushing into this."

"Please, if we were rushing we'd get married as soon as possible," Lyra comments.

"But we're not," Jasper held her close whilst speaking, "I'm giving her the time she needs to be ready and if that takes years, I'll wait years, hell," he smiles down at her, "I'd wait centuries."

"And Jazz is a hopeless romantic if you can't all tell," Lyra laughs.

Esme smiles as she's the first one to accept it and hugs Lyra, "I am so happy for the both of you, I already see you as family, so nothing has changed except it will be official."

"Thank you, Esme," Lyra smiles brightly.

Jasper nods at his mother.

"I am happy for the two of you," Carlisle finally speaks, "and I cannot deny you two are mates... But do you not think that the whole merge, Volturi, and Heretic thing is a little... Much to have this going on right now as well?"

"I love Jasper," Lyra told him, "I know that I seem a bit unpredictable right now but he keeps me centered."

"And what of Thea?" Asked Scarlett quietly, "she's... Merged with you, Lyra, and that's going to change things."

"Not my feelings for Jasper," Lyra refused to believe that.

A MONTH AND A HALF LATER

"FUCK."

"It's okay-"

"No, it is not okay, Paul!"