XIV. The Ritual

"YOU... YOU IMPRINTED ON... ME?" Niko was shocked. Not upset... Just shocked. That means a lot to Werewolf culture... Was Sam her soulmate? Is that not how that works? She blinks thinking about all of this.

Sam touches her forearms, "I am sorry, I wish I could just ask if it's okay, I tried fighting it off earlier. But my inner wolf knows you are the one."

Niko smiles, "why me? I know you had feelings for Leah and Emily."

"Because it's like gravity, when I'm around you, even before... My whole center shifted to you. I'll be anything you need, even if it's not romantic," Sam told her.

Niko looked down thinking, "you know... We're going to have to tell my coven and your pack."

"Oh the pack saw this coming," Sam said.

"You think?" She asked.

"I know, but Billy probably doesn't, I should tell everyone," Sam smiles at her, "want to do that tonight?"

Niko nods, "sure, why not?" She then makes a gesture towards herself and Sam is pulled to her grip by her gift, "I want to be with you too by the way."

"Good," Sam kisses her again.

THE TWO CLANS MET FOR TRAP PLANS.

Carlisle and Scarlett were the ones leading the planning since they knew the most about it.

They were keeping the wounded out of it aka Xavier and Ariana.

Alice was thankful for that as she kept waiting for the future of this plan... But it would not come.

Emmett and Rosalie had ideas of their own.

Lyra happened to be the second quietest, uncertain of what she'll do if she feels dark magic inside of her again...

And the quietest?

Was Jasper.

Jasper was overthinking, he had to protect her, he couldn't lose her, and they wanted to make her the bait.

Edward watched Jasper the whole time just in case he tried something reckless.

"In any case," Esme spoke up, "we're going to need to be at our strongest for this fight. We'll need to go hunting."

Carlisle nods, "you're right. Scarlett, you should make sure yourselves are powered up for the fight."

Scarlett nods, "yes, we should, that goes double for you Lyra."

Lyra puts up her hands as Carlisle nods at her making her sigh and nod too.

"No."

Jasper finally speaks.

Edward looked at him, "Jasper-"

"No, I don't like this plan," he admits, "it's dangerous. We almost lost you once, I'm not losing you again."

She looks at him, "Jazz, we talked about this."

"Son," Carlisle touches his shoulder, "she needs to do this for the safety of all of us."

"Even if it costs her life or her soul?" Jasper hissed at him before he turns to Lyra, "I love you, I'll always love you, which is why I can't just stand here and watch her ruin everything."

"I'm going to be okay-"

"You're terrified," Jasper points out, "scared about what Thea could do to you..." He shook his head, "you can't keep acting. Not with me."

Lyra grabs his hand but he swiftly pulls back.

"Jazz-"

"I'm going hunting now," Jasper runs off the balcony jumping over the glass fence and jumping through the trees.