X. The Up and Downs Magical Detox

A FEW WEEKS IN...

LYRA COULD TELL WHAT CARLISLE meant by magical detox.

She couldn't do any type of magic.

It was one of Carlisle's only rules and practically the most important in his words.

And for a witch that has been practicing since she was thirteen... It was an insane change of lifestyle. For a minute there she began to go a little stir-crazy.

But Jasper helped.

He took her to the best places in nature that no mortals could see in Forks, taught her about history and the things he saw, and she learned so much more about him already.

She would be deeply in love if she wasn't still full of darkness tugging at her.

Carlisle has been probably the most supportive, he knew exactly what to do and say, and honestly... Just like most of her family, she never had much of a good father figure. But Carlisle has the heart of a dad.

Lyra never admitted as much though, considering Edward could hear her thoughts, she assumed it'd come out one day.

But it never did.

Carlisle taught her his own things, things he got from his time that was connected to each element so that she felt still connected to her powers, which she was very grateful for.

Alice and her tried on many outfits and Rosalie would join sometimes and do her hair.

Esme tried to be there for her as much as possible, Emmett always tried to make her laugh or smile, and Edward would taught her how to use the piano or well tried.

They did feel like a family.

But she wasn't just left without any repercussions for using dark magic. No, she had episodes at times, kind of like Niko would but much more dangerous like.

The first time was at three am at night, she stood in her room wearing this:

She had lost it over something that she couldn't even recall, and the whole house shook! Carlisle was there in seconds and so was Jasper, it wasn't enough though

"Lyra, take a deep breath, okay," Carlisle started to approach her.

Lyra growls as she suddenly starting enchanted a dark spell about fire turning someone to ash but Edward pushed her against the wall before she could continue!

"Edward!" Jasper grabbed his shoulder.

Edward just made sure she didn't use any dark spells.

"Son," Carlisle touched their shoulders, "Lyra, you are in there, it's the magic... It's a trigger,"  he calmly explained.

"I can't just..." She shook her head, "stop! I need this magic! It's all I have for when they come back!"

It was the truth. She was scared of the Nomads one day returning.