v.

It was sunrise the next day by the time that the Cullen's finally got Bella out of Forks and they had stopped a few hours out of Pheonix to make sure that Jame hadn't followed them. Emmett and Emma were at a hotel in Port Angeles as they waited on Rosalie to let them know when the area was safe again. The pair were sat on the couch of the hotel room, watching an old Washington Redskins game. "Where do you go?" Emmett broke the silence as he looked away from the football game that he had seen at least 3 times, not that he was going to tell Emma that. "What do you mean?" Emma looked over at the man who had become a father to her. "When you lie to your mom and have Edward cover for you, where do you go?" Emmett looked intently at the girl he grew to love as a daughter. "You know about that?" Emma looked at Emmett in shock. "Of course I do, kid. I know your mom can't keep you hidden away forever; you've always been a curious little thing." Emmett smiled at Emma, the blonde giving back a smile of her own. "Promise, you won't tell mom?" Emma was hesitant to let the man in on what she was doing, but she knew he genuinely cared. "Pinky promise." Emmett held out his pinky figure, causing Emma to laugh before wrapping their pinkies together.

"I have this group of friends, we met at La Push beach one day." Emma started and she immediately saw the worry in Emmett's eyes, but he remained quiet and let her know he wanted to listen. "I stayed on our side, for a while, but they wanted to go do stuff, and the Forks kids think we're freaks. I know that we're not supposed to cross because of the treaty, but the wolves don't know about me, and I don't smell like a vampire. I'm always safe, I don't go anywhere near the wolves, I've always made sure of it, and I never stay too long." Emma began to rant as she really hoped Emmett would understand and wouldn't make her stop visiting her friends. Emmett nodded, digesting the information that Emma gave him. "I'll tell you what." Emmett then spoke, coming up with his decision. "If you let me know when you go and update me every hour, then your secrets safe with me." Emmett sighed as he looked over at the girl that resembled his wife so much. "Really?" Emma looked at the man hopeful and Emmett nodded with a smile, just before his phone rang.

Emma Hale was safe, but Bella Swan was in major trouble. James had figured out the Cullen's plan and lured the Swan girl to her old ballet studio in Pheonix. Emmett had left Emma alone in the hotel room with strict instructions to stay there and rushed down to Pheonix to help his family save Bella and kill James. It was hours until Emma heard anything from her family. Rosalie had called her and let her know that James was dead, and Bella was in the hospital, so the family was coming home, well most of them.

__

Two weeks later was Prom. Bella was out of the hospital and somehow convinced her parents to let her return to Fork, Washington. Emma stood in front of her closet doors, the large mirrors allowing herself to take a look at her dress. She had kept her make-up light, knowing she didn't really need it and smoothed out the silver dress that wrapped her body. "You look beautiful." Rosalie smiled at her daughter from the doorway. "I have good genes." Emma smiled back at her mom. "That you do." Rosalie laughed as Emmett appeared behind his wife. "Woah." Emmett looked at the blonde that he helped raise. "When did she grow up?" Emmett teased as he pulled his wife into his chest. Emma laughed and shook her head at her parents, they did look cute together though. "As much as I love being gawked at, I have a Prom to perfect." Emma grabbed her purse off her bed and shooed her parents away. "They grow up so fast." Emmet wiped a fake tear as Emma shook her head and walked past him.

"Jacob?" Emma questioned as she stepped out of the Jeep and spotted the Quileute boy lurking in the woods not too far from her. "Damn, Em." Jacob looked over the girl in surprise a Emma blushed once again. "Thanks." Emma laughed at the boy's expression. "What are you doing here?" Emma was sure the Quileute wasn't crashing her Prom, she would've known. "I came to talk to Bella." Jacob let the girls know and Emma tried to hide her disappointment that Jacob hadn't even thought about her when he pulled up to the school. "Oh." Emma nodded, making a mental note that Jacob most definitely had a crush on Bella. "Dad paid me 20 bucks to lure her away from Cullen. Seeing you, like this, is just the bonus." Jacob flirted lightly with the blonde, causing her to let out a genuine laugh. "Emma!" Tyler Crowley shouted from across the parking lot as he took notice of the blonde's vehicle. "That's my date, I should probably go." Emma waved at the energetic teen, glancing between him and Jacob. "Yeah, of course." Jacob nodded at the girl, walking over and giving her a hug. "Have fun, don't get pregnant, I'm too young to be an uncle." Jacob joked as he pulled back from the hug. "Great advice, Jacob." Emma shook her head with a smile as the pair stepped away from each other.

"That's the guy Bella was with the other day, right?" Mike Newton glanced across the parking lot at Jacob as Emma stepped into Tyler's open arms. "At the beach, yeah, why?" Emma questioned curiously as she began to walk with the group. "No reason." Mike wrapped his own arms around Jessica Stanley.

"You did amazing!" Alice gushed as she came up and touched Emma's shoulder in passing. "Thank you!" Emma yelled out after her aunt as she danced with Tyler, who was definitely tipsy. "You're ridiculous." Emma laughed loudly as Tyler spun her around on the dance floor. "I'm having fun, you should try it!" Tyler gave her a challenging look, really hoping the blonde would relax a little. He had watched her fret over every little detail of Prom for months and she was still worrying about it being perfect. "Alright, let's slow it down!" Eric's voice boomed from the speakers as the music switched to a softer melody. "My lady?" Tyler bowed down to the blonde, taking her hand and pulling her closer. "You're ridiculous." Emma laughed, allowing Tyler to hold her close as they began to slow dance.