xii.

Edward, Jasper, and Jacob had planned to meet up at the battle ground the next day, preparing a strategy to keep Bella safe. So, Emma was surprised when Jacob arrived early, asking for Emma. The blonde walked out of the home to see Jacob standing in front of his motorcycle. "Care for a ride? Someone wants to see you." Jacob held out the helmet to Emma, who looked at it with amusement. "Yeah, I figured you wouldn't wear it." Jacob sighed as he moved back onto the bike, nodding for the girl to join him. Emma glanced back at the house, seeing her mother watching her from the clear sliding door of the balcony. Rosalie gave the blonde a small nod, her face still expressionless, and Emma hesitantly got on the motorcycle behind Jacob. "Hold on." Jacob warned as he put the kickstand up and took off, Emma immediately gripping onto his waist tightly. The ride to La Push was actually quite calming, once Emma got used to the ride.

Jacob pulled off the main road and onto another more deserted road. There didn't seem to be anything for miles until Emma saw a small opening that led to a dirty driveway, a small red home through it. The home seemed quiet as Jacob stopped at the top of the hill to let Emma get off. The blonde slowly got off the motorcycle and Jacob cut off the engine. The front door opened, and a woman stepped out, giving Emma a small wave. Emma glanced back at Jacob when she noticed he had yet to make another move. "You're not coming in?" Emma was nervous now; she didn't want to be left alone. "Emily is Sam's fiancé, Sam figured you would use someone to talk to about the whole imprinting thing. Don't worry, she and Seth are the only one's home, everyone else is on patrol." Jacob tried to ease the blonde's nerves. "I'll swing by and pick you up after we're done at the battle ground." Jacob promised the blonde, giving her a reassuring smile. "Okay, thanks." Emma nodded before turning and slowly making her way down the driveway.

"Hi, I'm Emily." Emily smiled at Emma as she neared the woman. Emma first took notice of the scar covering the right side of the woman's face, but she brushed away the urge to stare and met the woman's eyes. "Sam's fiancé." Emma nodded at the woman, relaying the information Jacob just gave her. "You must be Emma, it's nice to meet you." the smile never left Emily's face as she sensed the blonde's nerves. "It's nice to meet you too." Emma smiled back at the woman softly. "Please, come in." Emily opened the screen door, gesturing for the blonde to enter. "Emma!" Seth Clearwater sat at the elongated kitchen table on his computer. "Seth, why don't you take a muffin and go finish your schoolwork in the living room." Emily offered to the teenage boy, gestured to the next room. "Aww." Seth huffed, but listened, nonetheless. "I'm not sure if you eat, but please help yourself." Emily gestured to the basket of warm muffins that filled the kitchen with a sweet aroma. "Thank you." Emma nodded at the woman, grabbing a blueberry muffin as the two sat down at the end of the table.

"So, I'm sure your mind has been running wild since finding out that you've been imprinted on." Emily started the conversation light, but on topic. "Just a little." Emma nodded, the woman's smile reminding her of the comfort Sue Clearwater had. "It can be a lot, but you do have the small advantage of already knowing about the existence of vampires and werewolves. And I am always here." Emily offered support to Emma and the blonde nodded thankfully. "I'm not sure all that Jacob told you, but I'm not the only one that wanted to meet you today." Emily took notice of the time on the wall; Jacob had picked Emma up later than she thought he would. "Oh?" Emma was immediately concerned about who else she was meeting, but deep down she had an idea. "The boys told me you had already figured out that Paul had been the one to imprint on you." Emily brought up the shifter at hand. "Yeah, it was oddly easy to pick him out the night of the bonfire." Emma informed the woman with a small smile. "That's a part of the bond, we don't feel the pull as heavy as they do, but there's always that attraction deep down." Emily traded information with the blonde.

"Anyways, Paul is a sweet boy, but he's struggled with his anger since he first shifted, and Sam told him to keep his distance until he thought he could control himself. Finding out that he imprinted on a vampire wasn't exactly the easiest realization for him." Emily tried to give Emma some background on the shifter. "He should be the first to get off patrol though, if you're open to taking to him, he should be here in a few minutes." Emily gave Emma's hand a small pat as Seth poked his head back into the kitchen. "Can I talk to Emma too?" Seth looked at the two women hopeful, he was begging to spend time with the blonde that everyone was talking about. "Did you get your homework done?" Emily looked at her cousin with a stern expression and Seth nodded eagerly. "Alright, just don't bombard the poor girl. You can keep her company while I finish lunch." Emily gave the small teenager permission. "Yes!" Seth whispered happily to himself, but both women heard it. "Hi." Seth grinned at the blonde as he sat next to her, a wide smile on his face. "Hi." Emma laughed at the youngest shifter. "So, you're like part human and vampire, right?" Seth looked at the girl in awe and Emma nodded with a smile on her face.