vi.

"Good morning, gorgeous!" Tyler Crowley grinned as he wrapped his arms around Emma's waist from behind, kissing her check. Emma laughed at the boy's greeting, relaxing into her boyfriend of 4 months as she waited for Bella to arrive and join the rest of her friend group. "Bella."" Mike grinned as the familiar rusty red truck pulled into its usual parking spot. "Bella, hey!" Eric grinned at the girl from his spot beside Angela. Bella smiled at her friends and closed the truck door, making the small walk over to them. "Today's a big day, Bella." Jessica Stanley grinned at the brunette, whose shield immediately went up. "Uh, R and J essay's due." Jessica took notice to Bella's alarmed expression. Emma bit back a grin when she noticed Bella immediately let her guard down, relieved that nobody but the Cullens found out it was her birthday. "Oh, yeah." Bella nodded, glancing over at Emma and giving the blonde a small smile. Bella and Emma were nowhere close to friends but between their newfound love interests, the pair had found themselves hanging out a lot in the past few months. "Wherefore art thou, Bella?" Mike dramatically acted as if he were apart of the Romeo and Juliet play.

"Let me take a picture of you guys, my mom wants me to put together a scrapbook full of memories." Bella barely smiled at the boy's joke. "Oh, cool, yeah." Eric grinned at the idea of being in a photo album. "I take them, I'm not in them." Angela immediately denied and Emma found herself agreeing, not wanting to face the wrath of her mother. "No, come here." Eric refused to let Angela an away. Luckily enough for Emma, Tyler still feared the rath of Sheriff Swan and was all for getting out of the picture. "You'll photoshop this if my nose looks big, right?" Jessica joked and a small smile made its way to Bella's face. "Don't worry, I'm in the picture. No one will be looking at you guys." Eric brushed the girl's insecurities off, causing Emma to laugh. "That's good." Bella nodded as she took the picture, the flash blinding everyone. "Oh good, Cullen's here." the group all stepped back a bit as Edard's Volvo pulled into the parking lot. "Yay." Eric waved his hands sarcastically, the group still not taking a liking to Edward. Emma was convince that if it weren't for Tyler and Angela, they would say the same about her. "Well, we'll see you later." Jessica smiled at her friend, sending the brunette off to her boyfriend.

__

"Oh my love, my wife." Romeo gasped out as he kneeled before Juliet's grave. "My love, my wife." Tyler mocked, whispered softly in Emma's ear as he leaned so far on his stool, the girl was convinced he was going to fall. "Would you shut up." Emma tried not to laugh as their teacher glanced over his students. "Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, but hath now power yet upon thy beauty. Thou art not conquered. Beauty's ensign yet is crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks." Romeo wept in the film. "Death's pale flag is not advanced there." Emma glanced around the room, seeing everyone engrossed in the movie accept Tyler and Mike, the latter half asleep in his seat. "There are worse tragedies." Emma heard Edward talking to Bella from behind her. "Look at Romeo, killed his true love out a sheer stupidity." Emma could hear the wheels spinning in Edward's head and picked up on the deeper meaning. Edward was still punishing himself for James, but Bella was trying so hard to make him forget it. All Edward wanted was for Bella to live, and all she wanted was to become undead like him, maybe they were a tragedy.

"Now, who'd like to repeat the last few lines of iambic pentameter just to show they were paying attention?" Mr. Berty spoke up when he took notice of the couple talking over the movie. "Mr. Cullen?" Mr. Berty glanced at the vampire, planning to embarrass him. "Uh, yes, Mr. Berty." Edward cleared his throat when the whole class turned their attention to him. Emma grinned as she met his eyes and repeated the verses in her head as he spoke to them aloud. "O here will I set up my everlasting rest and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh." Edward gave his niece a grateful look as she informed him of where the film left off. "Eyes look your last. Arms take your las embrace. And lips, o you the door of breath, seal with a righteous kiss, a dateless bargain to engrossing death." Edward finished out the rest of the lines as he pulled them from his memory. "Eyes on the screen, people." Mr. Berty muttered when he realized he had failed to embarrass his students.