xiv.

The next month and a half went smoothly for the Cullen family as Bella and Edward announced their official engagement and picked a date for their wedding. Of course, the pair picked a day that was only two months away, so Alice wasted no time putting her planning skills to use. The invitations had gone out immediately and Emma was fortunate enough to be with the pack when Jacob received his. According to Billy, he took off immediately after receiving the invite and the boys told Emma that another pack had found him lurking around the Canadian border, which is where he still remained. Emma had spent at least one day a week at the pack house, either because she was helping Seth with his schooling, hanging out with Paul, or hanging out with Quil and Embry. Either way she was back at her house as they prepared the venue in the backyard.

Emma walked out onto the balcony, wincing as Bella's heels dragged across the wood. "You just have to break them in." Alice encouraged the human who looked at her in defeat. "I've been breaking them in, for three days. Can I just go barefoot?" Bella looked at the woman desperately. "No, absolutely not." Alice crossed her arms, offended by the comment. "I think you should just let her go barefoot, save us all the trauma." Emme rubbed at her ears, the sound still ringing in them. "I'm just thinking it's a little much, you know? The dress, the shoes, and all of this." Bella pointed out the décor that littered the forest floor, some of it being moved by their family. "No, it's exactly enough. Tomorrow will be perfect!" Alice brushed off Bella's concerns. "Where do you want them boss?" Emmett came past with logs for the ceremony. "On either side of the aisle." Alice called out to the man as Rosalie followed him with a small tree. "What aisle?" Rosalie looked at Alice in disbelief. "Does no one have vision?!" Alice stormed off the porch and after the two.

"And this is why Alice will not be planning my wedding." Emma smiled teasingly at the human as Bella put her shoes back on. "Do you think you and Paul will get married?" Bella questioned the blonde genuinely. "I wouldn't see why not. I mean obviously not for a while, we're still just getting to know each other, but I've always seen it as an option." Emma shrugged, thinking about the question a bit and Bella nodded. "You, go home and get lots of beauty sleep, that's an order." Alice returned from helping Rosalie and Emmett. "Okay." Bella nodded and Alice hugged the girl goodbye. "You! Come help me finish up the flower arrangements." Alice then pointed to Emma, pulling her into the chaos. "Yes, ma'am." Emma mocked Jasper's accent and Alice gave her a look. 

The next day came quickly, and Emma was in Alice's room helping her get Bella's hair and makeup done. "What did I say about beauty sleep?" Alice teased Bella as she prepped her face for makeup. "Sorry, wedding jitters." Bella brushed off with a small laugh. "Do you need any help? I can do her hair." Rosalie stepped into the room, offering another set of hands. "Really?" Bella questioned and Rosalie pursed her lips as she smiled. "Please, I'm not offended by your choice of groom." Rosalie scoffed as she walked over to stand beside Emma and gently played with Bella's hair. "Just my blatant lack of respect for mortality." Bella joked and Emma was surprised when her mother actually let out a small laugh. "Essentially." Rosalie nodded and Alice grinned, hugging Rosalie. "Weddings, they bring everyone together." Alice boasted and Emma shook her head as she moved to get Bella's dress laid out.

"Alice! Bella!" the voice of Renee Dwyer called out as Rosalie and Alice finished Bella's hair and makeup. "In here!" Emma called out and Renee immediately gasped as she saw her daughter. "Aw! Honey! You look beautiful." Renee started tearing up at the sight of her daughter. "Aw, crap, my mascara!" Renee complained and all of the women laughed, Alice pulling out a tissue for the woman. "Thanks." Renee dabbed at her eyes before calling out for her ex-husband. "Charlie, get in here" Renee scolded, and the man came into view, wondering the halls blindly. "You sure? I don't want to..." Charlie trailed off until he took in the sight of his daughter. Bella stood up and the pair both stared at each other in shock, Bella had apparently never seen her dad in a suit. "I know, I look hot." Charlie joked as Bella tried to cover up her laugh. "We thought you needed something blue." Renee motioned for Charlie to open the block box in his hands. All four women looked at the small blue gems and diamonds that decorated the clip in awe. "And something old, besides your mother." Charlie joked and the older woman scoffed at his comment. "Nice." Renee rolled her eyes and Bella looked at her parents gratefully.