Riddle #5

Apartment Building

There's an old, vacant apartment building near me. The city is planning to demolish it soon. I often pass by it on the way home from work. A number of people have committed suicide there by jumping to their deaths. Because of that, they say the ghosts of the suicide victims still haunt the building. At night, the area is quite eerie because there are no street lights.

One night, I had to stay late at work and it was almost 11PM when I was walking home. I was passing by the apartment building and it was creeping me out. Just then, I looked up and spotted a shadowy figure on the roof.

I thought it was a ghost. My heart almost stopped. Then I took a closer look and I could make out a person standing there on the roof. All of a sudden, the person jumped. I watched as the figure fell to the ground and landed with a sickening thud. It was horrible.

I rushed over and saw that it was a woman. She was lying in a pool of blood on the concrete. Her head was split open and her arms and legs were twisted at odd angles. I immediately called an ambulance on my cell phone. The whole thing upset me so much, I was shaking and I thought I was going to be sick.

Some people must have heard the sound of her hitting the concrete. When I looked up, people in the apartment building were leaning over their balconies, trying to get a look.

Soon, the ambulance came and took her away. When I got home, I couldn't sleep a wink. I couldn't get the memory of that horrible scene out of my mind.

Scary Urban LegendsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara