Voodoo Series #1

Zombie

My great grandfather had zombies. He was a wealthy man and he used them to work the fields. To make them he had a Voodoo priest make the transition. After being burried, they would be pulled out of the ground as shells of what they once were.

Somebody taught me once how to tell if somebody is a zombie or not. It's all in the eyes. I can't remember exactly what they told me, only there is an emptiness in there. They mindlessly walk around doing their masters bidding. I have seen some walking around while I was growing up.

My great grandfather had a lot of them. They would work them fields as slaves to their master, but sometimes something would cause the Voodoo magic to wear off. It was usually caused by an encounter with a passed loved one, or something that triggered a very powerful past memory.

One of my grandfather's zombies had something like this happen to him and the zombie tried to kill him. My mother was there and she has told the me the story a few times. She said that she saw her grandfather stop the zombie from killing him and cut off the head of the zombie, right in front of her.

* Is back after 3 months *
I'm back! I kind of died 😂😂 But I'm back with another mini series! A reader gave me the idea! I hope you enjoy these 4 parts of the Voodoo Series! ☺️

Lots of love,

Amber x