Voodoo Series #4 (End of Voodoo Series)

My great grandfather was very successful and is the reason that my family now has money. However, they say that he didn't achieve such wealth without the help of Voodoo; he sold his soul to the devil.

He became very rich very fast, but selling your soul to the devil doesn't come without a price. Every year a demon comes to collect something of value. There are many stories of tragedy where the demons supposedly took various people and things of importance from my grandfather.

He ended up living well over 100 years, so the stories grew and grew. He finally died and it was accepted that the reason he lived so long was because the devil was helping him. Our family saw untold amounts of success because of his deal with the devil, but also much hardship because of the consequences. My mother says that the devil still tries to collect from the family.

A few years ago something happened to my brother. He was in his room in Haiti and something woke him up. The room was very dark, but he could clearly see two red, evil looking eyes staring at him from the foot of his bed. He could make out the silhouette of a little girl, but it was too dark to see any features of her face other than her red eyes.

She slowly moved closer to him, touching his leg and moving up his torso. He didn't know what she wanted, only that she wanted to do him harm. He was completely paralyzed in his bed. He tried to move, but something wouldn't let him and he could only watch as her finger, now at his stomach, moved up his body towards his face.

When she got to his head she moved her head closer to his and as her mouth was approaching his, a figure appeared behind the red eyed girl and chased her off. It was the great grandfather who had sold his soul to the devil. When the girl was gone, his great grandfather smiled at him and vanished.