Chapter 27: Emotions

Trigger Warning: detailed SEXZY TIME SCENE

--------------------------------

Kali paces back and forth in her room, her feet sliding against the emerald rug on the floor as she goes. Thoughts about what Alana said swarm in her head, smothering her in a wave of different emotions. Of course Finn was weary of women, he lost the person he loved. It makes more sense now.

But also, how could the king go so far as to do this? I suppose it's not a surprise, he even attacked me. He's spontaneous and dangerous, something does need to be done. But there's also so much to do, what about the killer as well? If I discard the king, can it help just end things for the elves?

If I kill him.

Yeah, I need to kill him. I don't know how, I don't know if I can... but I need to. If it ends things, then I need to.

But really, am I able to? Even killing that shifter in the cave, it left me feeling horrible. Amazing, but bad. How can killing, something so awful, be such a good feeling?

Kali stops her movements, sighing as she runs her hands through her hair. I have to, but I don't want to. I really don't want to. But why do I hold myself back? She closes her eyes, looking up at the ceiling. Mom always told me not to kill, told me it was bad to do. But isn't it what she did in the past? What if killing is necessary? "Don't take our sacrifices for granted." I don't want to, but why do I need to do this alone?

I don't want to be alone. Not with him.

A knock on the door makes her jump, eyes quickly shifting to the wooden frame. "Kali?" Finn's voice sounds from the other side, making her smile as she quickly rushes over. Her dress slides across the floor, flowy and large on her frame as she does so.

She pulls the door open, grinning as her eyes meet his.

"You called on me?" He tilts his head, looking at her curiously as she nods in response.

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you." Her eyes soften as she looks him over. He was only twenty years old, and he had to watch her die.

She turns and walks over to the couches, sitting down on one and patting next to her on the cushion for him to follow.

"What's that expression on your face?" He frowns, watching her carefully. "Is everything ok? How are you?"

"I'm fine, I just..." She bites her lip as she thinks about what to say, pausing for a moment. "I heard about Samara."

He raises his eyebrows, shifting a little as he sits away from her a little. "How... who told you about her?"

"Is she why you were so aggressive to me when you met? You were scared that if you were nice to me... something like what happened to her would happen to me?" Kali's leans against the back of the couch, her legs crossing as she watches him gently.

"I... yeah, it was because of her. I didn't want... to go through that again." He looks away, hands resting on his lap as his back is stiff. "It doesn't justify how I treated you, I know that. I'm sorry... I just, with the king's eyes on me I didn't want to cause issues for you. Then when he saw us in the town, then now he is claiming you as mistress... it's my fault."

She sighs, leaning over to place a timid hand on his knee, making him look at her surprised. "Remember what you told me? His actions aren't your fault. He chose to do those things, you're just a victim to his darkness."

Finn nods a little, but his face stays the same.

"I wish I had known, I had so many bad first impressions of you, I didn't realize you were worried and hurting." Kali says in a low tone, moving closer to him.