Chapter 5

Today Papa was starting on pole. I was really nervous and excited. I was sitting with the engineers with headphones on listening to what charles was saying into the radio.

Papa was under a lot of pressure today, a lot of the spanish fans were rooting for Carlos today, but that wasn't going to stop Papa from going for the win.

I spin around on my chair looking behind me to see Louise flirting with an engineer.

I rolled my eyes and focused on the screens infront of me.

The drivers started the formation lap and soon after they were starting the race.

Papa got a good start, keeping p1 but he locked up on turn 2 which cost him his position to Max.

I sighed leaning my head on the table.

With three laps to go Papa was leading the race once again but Max was behind him pushing.

As he started the final lap he was able to keep his position.

Papa won the race!

I jumped off of the seat and ran outside.

A few of the people from the pit wall hugged me and took me to where we could congratulate Papa.

As Papa got out of his car he walked over to us and jumped into the engineers arms.

As I went to hug him, Louise pushed me out of the way and jumped into his arms.

What the fuck?

I glared at her as she moved out of the way. I walked away from there and decided not to congratulate my papa.

How could he just watch her barge me out of the way like that?

Papa went to the podium and celebrated with Max and Lando who got P3.

A few hours after the podium I saw Papa.

"Hey Lucky." He grinned brightly.

"Hey." I said, monotone. I was still pissed off from earlier.

"You proud of your old papa." He laughed swinging an arm around me.

I pushed his arm off of me, "Sure."

"You okay, kid?" I looked up at the concerned look on my Papas face.

"I'm fine."

"Okay, whatever you say. Now I'm going out to celebrate tonight and there's no kids allowed so you're gonna have to stay in the hotel room. You okay with that?" Papa explained as I nodded.

Papa was getting ready for his night out as I sat there bored.

"I'm going to the vending machine." I announced and walked out of the room.

"Wait Elise-" I heard Papas voice as the door shut.

I shrugged and walked down the hall to the vending machine.

I pressed the buttons on the machine to grab some skittles.

"M&M's are better." I heard a voice from behind me.

I turned around seeing Ollie grinning at me.

"Are you stalking me?" I joke as he fake laughs.

"Nope. I just think we always decide to do the same things at the same time." He smiles as I grin.

"Great minds think alike."

"Congratulations on your Dads win by the way." He says as he grabs some M&M's from the machine.