Chapter 8

Charles Leclerc

I never thought that three words could hurt me so bad.

'I hate you'

She didn't mean it, did she?

I sighed sitting down on the sofa as Charlotte wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"Look don't worry about it.. she's a teenager it's normal for her to say things like that." She rubbed my shoulders. "Do you want me to go and talk to her?"

I shrugged, "If you want too, but don't blame me if it gets messy." I laugh a little as Charlotte stands up.

"I think I can handle her." Charlotte chuckles as I watch her walk up the stairs.

~

Elise Leclerc

I wiped my eyes as someone knocked on my door.

"Go away!" I shouted as Charlotte walked into my room. "Are you deaf?" I asked her as she sat down on the side of my bed.

"Nope I heard you but I want to hear your side of the story." She said fiddling with a teddy that was on my bed.

"Why do you care?" I sniffed as she looked at me.

"Because i'm here for you and sometimes men are dumb.. they don't understand things like women do." She said as I sat up.

"I was only trying to protect him.. people were calling him names at school."

"Names?"

"They were saying.. 'Lecrash' and things like that, I couldn't let them talk about him like that." I said as Charlotte nodded.

"I understand." She smiled. "You know I think your Papas feelings are pretty hurt, he took what you said to heart."

"I didn't mean it." I wiped my nose with my sleeve trying to push back more tears.

"I know you didn't, I think you should just go and talk to him."

I shook my head as she sighed.

"Will you talk to him over dinner when you've had some time to cool down?" She asked as I nodded.

Charlotte smiled and leaned closer to me with her arms out.

"What are you doing?" I stared at her.

"Waiting for a hug." She grinned. "You better not leave me hanging."

I smiled and hugged her. Something about the hug felt right.

Charlotte left my room after we hugged and I distracted myself with my phone.

~

Charles Leclerc

"What happened?" I asked as soon as I saw Charlotte walking down the stairs.

"Everything's fine don't worry." Charlotte walked over to me and sat down next to me. "She told me that the only reason she threw the food over that girl was because apparently she was mocking you."

"Mocking me? How?" I asked confused.

"Well, I think one of the girls friends' must've realised who she was and then the girl was calling you names." Charlotte explained. "She said she was only trying to stick up for you."

I smiled not really knowing what to say.

"She also said that she'll talk to you about it over dinner."

"Shit dinner.. er what should I make?" I asked Charlotte as she laughed.

"Why don't I make it, Elise was saying the other day that you're a horrible cook." Charlotte giggled and ran to the kitchen.