Chapter 9

The weekend ended up being so fun! For qualifying I ended up in P8 which wasn't great but Papa told me I could easily make up positions in the race.

When race day came the next day I finished the race in P4.

I was quite upset that I had just missed out on the podium spot but I was still happy.

Ollie ended up finishing first, I've got to say he's a great driver.

It was now Tuesday and I was packing my clothes because we were off to the Miami grand prix.

I was really excited, mostly because I was missing a week of school.

"Toothpaste?"

"Check." I said.

"Toothbrush."

"Check, Papa I have everything don't worry." I said as he nodded.

"Charlotte is coming with." He smiled.

"Okay cool." I said ignoring his goofy smile. He's head over heels for her and it's so obvious.

"The taxi will be here in twenty minutes." He said before walking out of my bedroom.

I double checked that I had everything and then dragged my suitcase down the stairs. I dragged it outside seeing the taxi waiting. The taxi driver took my suitcase from my hands and I ran around the car to the front seat.

As I shut the door the door opened again as I saw Papa giving me a 'move' look. I rolled my eyes and climbed into the back of the car.

"Dont get my car dirty." The taxi driver shakes his head as I sit down.

"She's alright, Mate." Papa turned his head to the driver as the driver swallowed hard and then nodded.

Charlotte got in the car next to me and then we started to drive to the airport.

We got through the airport nice and fast without any bother and we were on the plane quite fast. Papa told me that we would be flying to Miami with his teammate Carlos Sainz and his girlfriend, Isa.

I watched as Carlos shook Charles' hand and Isa and Charlotte squealed when they saw each other, they must know each other already.

Carlos sat opposite Papa as Isa and Charlotte sat next to each other. I was going to walk around the plane when Charlotte called me over.

"You okay?" She asked as I nodded and then turned to Isa.

She gave me a warm smile as I sat opposite them.

"So how was your first race on Sunday?" Charlotte asked. She was able to come and watch me in qualifying but something came up on race day.

"It was so good!" I exclaimed.

"That's great, I'm so proud." Charlotte grinned. "Now tell us about your little lover boy."

Isa leaned forward obviously wanting to hear.

"Lover boy?" I questioned her.

"Your teammate." She tapped my knee.

"Oh.. Ollie?" I asked as her eyes lit up.

"Yep that's the one." She chuckled as I screwed up my nose.

"He's just my friend.. he goes to the races as well so I see him all the time but I dont like him like that." I rambled as Isa and Charlotte shared a look. "What?"

"Girl, you so like him." Isa said as I sighed.

"Okay maybe I do but who wouldn't? He's so perfect and dreamy and he's also such a good racer and he always compliments me- and we also have a lot in common like its actually crazy!" I ranted about Ollie but stopped myself.