3

bird psycho.

⏱︎ : DAY BEFORE SCHOOL !

"bye nat! i'll see you tomorrow." leila stood at the door and waved at her best friend who was walking over to her car that was parked in front of her house. "and you better be up tomorrow! seven on the dot!" natasha slightly scolded the girl. "you say that as if i'm not the morning person. you better be at my door by seven." natasha laughed and nodded. "i'll try my best." this made leila playfully roll her eyes as she shook her head.

leila closed the door and locked it, and walked back into the kitchen, seeing that her mother and sister were gone and her dad, mason had been cleaning off the dining table. "i can help, dad." leila spoke as she walked over to the table and helped with collecting the plates. "don't you think you should be getting to bed for you first day back tomorrow?" he raised his eyebrows. "it's not a big deal..really." she shrugged. "school is a big deal, sweetheart." he said and she nodded. "well, yeah, i didn't mean it like that, i just meant the first day isn't a big—" mason cut the girl off. "did you hear that?" he asked his daughter and she looked at him as if she was crazy. "hear what? is this a little prank you're trying to play?" she chuckled, looking at her dad.

"no, sounds like something dropped in your room." she cursed her room for being over the kitchen. she wished she picked a different room at moments like this because she knew exactly what was going on. "oh! oh my gosh, i think it's my computer. i-i remember when mom called me and natasha down for dinner we rushed down so fast i forgot to fix my computer. looks like it finally fell." leila was bad at lying, but the way she delivered them made it seem like she was telling the truth—well sometimes she got away with it.

"okay?" mason was just confused now. "i know i said that i'd help you, but now i need to check if my computer is broken or not." she said as she turned around and made her way upstairs really quickly leaving her dad confused but he only turned back to the dishes and began to wash them.

leila quickly entered her room, closed the door behind her, and locked it.

she looked at her bed to see spider laying in it with his feet crossed and his legs behind his head as he smiled. "spencer white you're gonna get caught being in here one day if you keep making thumping noises—how did you even sneak up here without natasha seeing you?" leila was squinting her eyes in confusion. "i watched her pull off. then i climbed up the tree, went in your window, and tripped over that." spencer pointed over to her clothes and shoes that were sitting on her bay window. she had her outfit for the first day laying out since natasha insisted on helping her pick out an outfit. if she would've known that spider was going to be sneaking in her room she would've moved her things. "don't tell me you stepped on my clean clothes for tomorrow." leila walked over to her clothes and examined them. "no, but i'm totally okay. it's not like i could've fallen and died or anything." spencer spoke sarcastically making the girl turn back to look at the boy to send him a glaring look. she couldn't help but laugh at his dramatics.