9

just kid $hit

"where should this go?" leila looked back at cash as she helped him pack for moving in with darren and harper

"where should this go?" leila looked back at cash as she helped him pack for moving in with darren and harper. "just in that container right there." he pointed, leila only nodded before placing the random book into his container labeled "stuff."

leila sat on the boy's floor as she grabbed the duck nearby and started rubbing his head. "hi, baby!" she cooed at the duck who waddled onto her lap. he only quacked as he looked around mindlessly. "how many times are you going to give up after doing one thing just to play with darude?" cash asked and leila laughed. "how ever many times i want, besides, i'm here for moral support." she spoke playfully. cash squinted his eyes looking at her before shaking his head and getting back to packing his room.

as leila was getting ready to get up once more, her phone rang.

the girl had been expecting natasha to whine about how she got grounded for getting detention, but it wasn't even natasha who had been calling, it was spider.

"hello?" leila asked as she made eye contact with her best friend across the room. 'natasha?' cash mouth and she shook her head. 'spider' she mouthed back.

"i need your advice." he spoke, gaining her full attention. "on what?" she asked. "missy." leila unintentionally froze. "leila?" spider questioned because of her silence. "oh, yeah. sorry, missy. right." she cleared her throat.

the mention of missy's name grabbed cash's attention as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"so, we finally..did it. like officially, and she took a picture of us after. it was nice, it felt genuine until she deleted the picture, then got up to leave." he explained briefly. leila stared ahead at cash. "what did he say?" cash whispered. "leila? are you there?" spider was questioning the girl on the other end. "yeah, yeah. sorry, so you said she left? like, just got up and left?" she questioned. "pretty much." he responded. "i'm sorry to hear that. maybe she just doesn't know how she feels yet, give her time." leila said, almost rolling her eyes. "yeah maybe. so, what are you doing?" spider changed the topic and leila sat up from off the floor.

"with cash, just helping him out." she looked at cash who walked over to her and placed his ear on the other side of the phone. 'move' leila mouthed as she pushed his head and he laughed. "i never noticed how close you guys were." spider said. "yeah, we're pretty close." leila shrugged, looking at cash who had been tilting his head. "i have to go spider, i'll call you later i'm sorry." leila quickly hung up and covered her mouth.

"that was so fucking awkward." she said, cash laughed at her. "what happened?" he asked, she laughed along with him. "he called me talking about him and missy. i couldn't care less. it makes things awkward." she rested her head on his wall. "wait..so you're telling me that you two aren't dating after what happened on your birthday? i totally thought you guys were a thing now." cash admitted and her eyes widened. "what the hell you're insane." leila pushed passed him and made her way into the kitchen.