6

legs open hearts broken

"do you guys have everything?" mason asked, looking back at the three teens who were squished in the back

"do you guys have everything?" mason asked, looking back at the three teens who were squished in the back. "yeah." leila nodded. "maybe?" natasha questioned, trying to think about the things she must've have left. "i got everything." cash shrugged. "great. if you did forget anything, sucks to suck." mason pouted sarcastically as the teens got out of the car. "have fun camping!" he called out. "yeah, thank you." leila hated camping but she always went since natasha loved it so much.

cash was only going because all of his friends were, he also didn't mind camping. "see you soon." mason seemed to be too excited. "i love your dad." natasha laughed, watching as the man pulled off quickly. "he's excited to see you gone." cash added. "yeah, i get it." leila glared at both teens. "he knows i hate camping too." leila said as she turned around and stared at all the teens gathering around each other as they laughed and joked.

"what's the big deal?" cash asked. "are you still scared of bugs and the woods?" he asked, realizing what she was so worked up about.

leila's silence answered his questions, he instantly started laughing. "it's not funny. it's actually a reasonable fear. how come you two aren't afraid of the woods? you have no signal on your phone, and you're surrounded by no city, no houses, no one can help you at a time of need. i'm not insane, i'm rational." she stated as she walked away to load her duffel bag on the bus.

cash and natasha stood side by side, watching as leila struggled to lift her duffel bag as her tote bag had been sliding down her shoulder and getting in her way.

spider approached the girl and quickly helped her.

"so, she likes him, right?" cash asked his best friend, natasha turned to the boy and nodded. "yeah. she's hiding it from him though. she wants them to "remain friends" because she thinks dating him will ruin their friendship." nat explained. "she deserves better." cash stated and nat instantly nodded. "she does," nat agreed. "but, i'm giving him a chance because she doesn't see that. and she's fully convinced that he's a nice guy. maybe we just don't see it yet." the girl shrugged. "you're giving him the benefit of the doubt?" cash groaned. "yeah. cause i'm a good friend." she smirked. "are you saying i'm not a good friend?" cash raised his eyebrows. "i didn't say that." nat made sure sarcasm came from her tone.

"i'm a great friend—she actually calls me her brother." he argued back. "okay, well, are you willing to accept spider?" natasha asked, her smirk turning into a wide grin. "for leila?" cash asked her. "yeah." she nodded. "then yeah, i am. if it makes her happy."

the bus ride had been awfully loud and leila couldn't find any peace to relax herself before getting to the camp. so she turned up the volume of her music, blocking out as much noise as she could. she looked to the back of the bus at her friends, who were all crowded together while they laughed and smiled as they spoke to one another.